Tonneau Covers and Step Rails Thoughts Who has them

I just got my 19 Trail Boss LT and I'm ecstatic! But...

I'm trying to decide on which Tonneau cover to get. I'm down to the hard roll-up or the hard tri-fold. Or has anyone tried an aftermarket equivalent?

I've decided on the bedrug for the bed but I'd like some feedback from those of you that have the tonneau covers on likes/dislikes/pros/cons, etc.

Also want the Assist Black Sport Step but was wondering if anyone has tied after market. $900 shipped for the steps seems steep.

Thanks in advance for your input. Ihope you all are enjoying your "All New" Chevy's as much as I am mine!

19416967-CHEVY.jpg

84538235-CHE.jpg

84060328.jpg

I'm running the Undercover Ultra Flex and absolutely love it.  It's a hard tri-fold that also can be put in a vertical position to give full access to the bed.  Its low profile as well and complements the truck well.

20180928_175643.jpg

• Like 1

Ran tri-fold for a couple years, but don't like that it blocks view when it is up.

Went with the Retrax on this truck. I have the polycarb slat version, there is also one that is aluminium slats.

Like that it doesn't block view, like that it is separately lockable and like that I can open it without climbing in the bed.

https://retrax.com/retraxone-polycarbonate-series

Been running the GM rectangular boards on all trucks for last 10 or so years.

Edited by redwngr

Undercover ArmorFlex.  Keeps everything dry.  If you're anywhere near Charlotte I will make you a good deal on an extra one I have.  Brand new in the box.

*** Please PM me if you're interested**

IMG_3431.jpg

Edited by cltsig

6 minutes ago, cltsig said:

Undercover ArmorFlex.  Keeps everything dry.  If you're anywhere near Charlotte I will make you a good deal on an extra one I have.

IMG_3431.jpg

It wouldn't happen to be for a 6.5 foot bed to fit a 2500HD would it? 

Thanks for quick responses!

The undercover tri folds- Are they easily removable if you wanted to utilize the entire bed without blocking the window?

I like the retrax and switchblade. I'll have to look at pricing.

How are all for water intrusion?

Thanks

27 minutes ago, cltsig said:

Undercover ArmorFlex.  Keeps everything dry.  If you're anywhere near Charlotte I will make you a good deal on an extra one I have.  Brand new in the box.

IMG_3431.jpg

Not near Charlotte unfortunately. You said it does a good job with dryness though? Would you be willing to ship it to 32174?

Just googled it and 75 lbs (estimating weight) from my house to yours is $233.  Might be better to find other alternatives.  But yes, took it through the car wash and the only wet spot was the end of the drain tubes putting some water in the bed.  Had I routed them better it would be bone dry.

**Edit** Sorry tdboze to hijack your thread.  Anyone else interested please PM me.

Edited by cltsig

46 minutes ago, tdboze said:

Thanks for quick responses!

The undercover tri folds- Are they easily removable if you wanted to utilize the entire bed without blocking the window?

I like the retrax and switchblade. I'll have to look at pricing.

How are all for water intrusion?

Thanks

This is my first Undercover product and I've been pleased.  It comes off fairly easily.  The thing that secures it to the truck are 2 brackets with handle screws.  You crawl up underneath, unscrew those and it comes right off.  The good thing about the Undercover ArmorFlex and Ultra Flex (not sure about others) is that they can stand straight up parallel to the rear window.  That gives you great access to almost your entire bed.  For water intrusion, mine has gone through the car wash and was dry except where the drain tubes ran.  

My wife, son and daughter all love having the step rails on my truck (both my '15 and my '18).  We loved having the tonneau cover on my '15, and can't wait to get one for my '18.

53 minutes ago, cltsig said:

Just googled it and 75 lbs (estimating weight) from my house to yours is $233.  Might be better to find other alternatives.  But yes, took it through the car wash and the only wet spot was the end of the drain tubes putting some water in the bed.  Had I routed them better it would be bone dry.

**Edit** Sorry tdboze to hijack your thread.  Anyone else interested please PM me.

No problem. Whew that's some expensive shipping! Makes you wonder how the manufacturers keep prices as low as they do.