Will I need a lift for 20x12 with 33” MT’s?

Just bought a 2014 Silverado and I’m not quite an expert on wheels and tires. I’m looking to upgrade to 33” MT’s but not sure if I’ll rub and end up needing a lift. I do already have a leveling kit though. Also not sure if I can stay with my stock rims with the 33’s or if I’ll need to upgrade there as well. Lastly was thinking about going with 20x12 rims with the 33’s for an ideal set up. Any input and trie+wheel recommendations / set ups welcome 

8AD3D83B-1FAB-4A60-BA5F-2E8B78E7D4CB.jpeg

You should have no problem with a 33" tire on a 2" level with stock wheels. If your considering a 20x12 wheel you will need to do some pretty serious modifications to your front wheel openings to clear that kind of offset.

Before the lift I was running a 20x9 0 offset and a 285/60/20 (33.5") tire and I had to trim and zip tie my liners back. That was with a 2 1/2" level. 

Edited by SSchup
correction

You could probably get away with 20x10"s with a 285/55/20. Pretty sure you wont clear with a 33",  I'm running a 4 1/2" lift with 20x10's and a 305/55/20 and I don't have a lot of room for much more.

Spacers would just push the wheel out farther and create more offset, so no. The offset on the wider rims is what causes the clearance issues.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tyler.frost92 said:

Im running 20x10 with 305/50/20 and no rubbing on a 2 inch level

Yeah maybe with a 305/50/20, since it is only a 32" tire.

A 3500 should clear those stock.  A 1500 will need a level.  

Not necessarily, if it’s a 2015 1/2 - 2018, leveling adds more headaches with the uca’s. 2014 only has so much room to spare and thanks to the square wheel wells, Best is a lift!

Sent from above

23 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Not necessarily, if it’s a 2015 1/2 - 2018, leveling adds more headaches with the uca’s. 2014 only has so much room to spare and thanks to the square wheel wells, Best is a lift!

Sent from above

My bad.  You're probably right,  I was using the terms interchangeably but the 2 are different.  I just meant he would need some extra room on a 1500.  But maybe it's a 3500?  295/70/18 fit on my '17 bone stock. no lift.  No level.  No rub.  It surprised me.  I assumed the ride height would be the same across the lineup..

• Like 1