In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2017 GMC Sierra 2500hd Denali emblem/badges placement

I have recently purchased a 2017 GMC Sierra 2500hd Denali and the previous owner, like alot of ppl on this forum has done, removed all badges/emblems. I personally think the truck looks better with the chrome badges on the truck so i purchased them. Now im trying to find out where, exactly where, they are placed. Looking for anyone that can give me measurements, or send me a sight that has printable templates for the placement of these. I need the placement for:

Allison-Duramax on hood

DenaliHD on doors

Sierra on tailgate 

And 

Denali on tailgate 

Please let me know if anyone has any type of template or can give good measurements off their own truck.

Thanks to anyone who can help

20190206_182432.jpg

• Like 1

I personally like the badging but understand why people remove it. It catches a lot of dirt and requires extra scrubbing ?. Also some like that clean smooth look 

Thanks, i was really hoping someone had found a template already since that would be the easiest way to do this, especially since they are all individual lettering and all. I will be going to my dealership to measure or fabricate my own template somehow, now that ive searched and asked for a actual layout and have not found it yet.

I also asked the dealership for a price to instal and they straight up said that they will only replace a damaged set every once in a while but they have not installed a full set that has been removed and said they could but they would charge alot more than a body shop or someone else that i could find, which im glad for their honesty.

Edited by 17DENALIHD

The individual letters will be tough. Maybe put some painters masking tape top and bottom on door to keep your letters straight. 

This guy also marked masking tape to keep letter spacing even. 

Edited by 2018GMC
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the info, and video. I just got back from a body shop just to see how bad they were going to charge to put these on and surprisingly they are only asking $40. So of course i asked if they had a spec sheet for measurements of factory locations and they said they do have that and they also will be adding the adhesive even tho the lettering comes with the double sided adhesive. Said they never trust the factories adhesive/tape and they guarantee they wont come off.  So $40 and its done right, guaranteed and i dont have to mess with it... thats a no brainer in my book.

So moving on to my next question that i have been thinking about, my truck didnt come with the running cab lights, and of course i would like them. Has anyone else been crazy enough to tackle this on a 2017 2500hd? And if so how did it turn out, any leaks, what brand lights, and any chance the running light wires are just hanging out in the roof already? Lol

Let me know on your thoughts and or experience with actually cutting into the cab of the truck to install.

I remember hearing someone on the forum bought the GM OEM cab lights, carefully drilled holes and got the mounted. Not sure if wiring is their already or not. 

The roof steel is crazy thin and will dent from acorns falling on it or if you put too much hand / elbow pressure when washing. Betting it doesn’t take much to drill some holes. 

I’d have to have a swig of courage  (not too much ?) and lots of preparation to do that. 

Edited by 2018GMC
  • Haha 1

Well i was quoted this morning to have them installed at $600 ($299 for lights) so ill be looking into doing my self quite extensively and finding the lights, to see if its worth that price or not. Im thinking i can find the lights cheaper and probably get it done fairly easy, once i get past the fact of drilling into my cab of course.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got the badges put on the truck.. they were a pain since they were not pre-spaced or anything, but once we got them spaced out and lined up we put masking tape over them to keep them in place while putting them on the truck.  But now ppl know what i have and i think it looks better with these.. but yes cleaning around these are a pain in the ass for sure.. as soon as i get the cab lights installed ill show you them.. i got the aftermarket ones from recon, they have ones now for the 3rd gen that can change from amber to clear and also strobe.. they are on a small control box to change the functions. 

20190408_090344.jpg