Ram passes Chevrolet for number 2 spot?

Well the new (GM) 19’s are ugly and not in a cool way, they are quirky awkward looking, non power seats aren’t very comfortable, lost some features the old ones had, relatively underpowered compared to others....  What a surprise.  

• Like 1

I just had my 2017 in for service and had a 2019 loaner.  I like my older model much more.  It is more comfortable, has better visibility and there are too many damn gadgets on the 2019.  As an example, to change the radio from AM to FM I had to go into the menu on the radio.  There wasn't a simple button to press.  Sometimes less is more.

1 hour ago, SILVER SLED said:

Well the new (GM) 19’s are ugly and not in a cool way, they are quirky awkward looking, non power seats aren’t very comfortable, lost some features the old ones had, relatively underpowered compared to others....  What a surprise.  

Maybe some features were taken away but the features that were added are much more desirable/useful than the ones removed

A few to list:

rear a/c vents

heads up display

360 camera

Two of the three above are what made me trade my 17 in for a 19

• Like 1

Doesn't mean a whole bunch and not taking anything from Ram. Not a bad looking truck and better looking than previous year Ram trucks in my opinion. That's just 1 qtr. of sales and the '19 GM trucks had a very late start. A lot of dealers still have '18 trucks.  Many GMC dealers still don't have SLE's yet.  When Ford says they've been the best selling truck the past 40 years, well... not exactly. Ford makes 1 truck, Ram makes 1 truck.  GM makes 2 trucks.  For many of those years,  combined GMC and Silverado sales were more than Ford so actually, GM trucks was the best selling truck for most of those 40 years. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SILVER SLED said:

To each his own I say, I like the look of the 19's , I had a 14 n this new one has more power n actually more features. An mine does have power seats. Don't get me wrong I loved my 14 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, SILVER SLED said:

I like the new GM trucks and think they look awesome except for the sim card fenders on the Sierra which I can't get used too.  Agree with the lost some features. Features were lost on the infotainment side for sure. I was looking at a '19 LT Texas Edition and didn't realize it didn't have XM until the salesman told me.  Really?  You have to have a certain convivence package now to have XM.   My '14 Sierra SLE had a hard drive that I could pause, rewind live radio and XM, could store song names/titles as favorites and when one of those songs would play on another XM channel, it would notify you.  Those nice features are gone.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wiggums said:

$16k off new RAM trucks also helped a lot, I'm sure

Ummm....Well as it stands?  GM has an actual truck and looks manly as for the RAM well it's pretty feminine looking?  Interior is where they spent the money so it's lipstick on pig IMO.  The T1's have completely nailed the DFM and not some E-Torque nonsense that yields less MPG's than previous model?  I will take a Silvy,GMC any day of the week over RAM.  Talk to me in 100K about your RAM?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

Ummm....Well as it stands?  GM has an actual truck and looks manly as for the RAM well it's pretty feminine looking?  Interior is where they spent the money so it's lipstick on pig IMO.  The T1's have completely nailed the DFM and not some E-Torque nonsense that yields less MPG's than previous model?  I will take a Silvy,GMC any day of the week over RAM.  Talk to me in 100K about your RAM?

Lmao. You sir are what we call a fan boi. Continue on sir. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bshort said:

Love the Ram interior and that's where it all stops.  Chevy/GMC I like, but the lack of trailer equip (mirrors/fuel tank capacity) has me leaning Ford.    

What? the standard mirrors are larger on the Silverado?  You can't even get power folding tow mirrors on the RAM 1500?

2 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Lmao. You sir are what we call a fan boi. Continue on sir. 

Yeah?  Total fan boi?  Which I was keep going back to GM?  I will take their plastic door panels knowing it will drive and cost me less than a FERD,RAM to operate and maintain?

Edited by mookdoc6

2 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

What? the standard mirrors are larger on the Silverado?  You can't even get power folding tow mirrors on the RAM 1500?

The reason I'm leaning toward the Ford.....36 gal tank, tow mirrors and more torque period.