Ram passes Chevrolet for number 2 spot?

26 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

Ummm....Well as it stands?  GM has an actual truck and looks manly as for the RAM well it's pretty feminine looking?  Interior is where they spent the money so it's lipstick on pig IMO.  The T1's have completely nailed the DFM and not some E-Torque nonsense that yields less MPG's than previous model?  I will take a Silvy,GMC any day of the week over RAM.  Talk to me in 100K about your RAM?

It's helping Dodge sell their lipstick-wearing pigs. I would never buy one myself but there are people who would like the $16k off. For me, it was Ford at $5k off, Chevy at $10k off, or Dodge at $16k off. I picked Chevy. No way in hell I'd consider Dodge, and Fiat is way worse, I've driven a lot of Fiats, no way.

I bought a 19 RAM Limited in July.  I owned a 13 RAM since new and loved it.  My 19 was nota  good truck.  Loved the features but once you get passed those its just not a good truck.  Leaks and electrical issues noises and clunks.  I bough an LT 19 Silverado and love it.  the 5.3 to me drives way better than the 5.7 Hemi and I get 17-20 MPG in my Silverado without effort.  My ram would be great to see 11-13MPG.  I had the 36 gallon tank in the RAM and I was glad for that but Have not felt the need for a larger tank in my Silverado because of the better fuel milage. 

I was glad to get our of m Ram and I only got a Silverado because it seemed like they were giving them away.  Lots of incentives and I actually really love the Silverado.  I have really been enjoying it a lot.  I added the OEM accessory navigation to it.  Works great.  I don't really get into what's better because all brands have issues.  I had a 13 no issues.  I had a 19 and nothing but issues.  I will keep this Silverado for a few years and see whats out there then.  For now I am enjoying the truck and my family is also.  They say I am not so up tight about them being in this truck because its not a fancy.  Cloth seats not leather.  

The chevy app works night and day better than the RAM app.  It would never work or be so slow it was useless.  The chevy app once I hit start its started.  Really nice plus the ram did not have LTE wifi it had 4g.  The chevy LTE wifi is great.  

RAM may overtake GM in the number 2 spot short term but I can't see it being long term a lot of unhappy RAM owners right now with all the issues 

• Like 2

Ram got a lot of things right with their new truck, add in very generous incentives and I'm not surprised it is selling well. I still do not like the looks of the new Ram, and I would be very hesitant to own one with Fiat Chryslers well-known quality control issues. 

I think the T1 is a major step forward, but GM still screwed up in removing several features like power adjustable peddles and turn signal mirrors. They are both small things, but when you get used to them, they really do make a big difference. The fact that GM still won't offer a larger fuel tank option when everyone else does is also infuriating. 

GM is finally starting to offer some decent incentives on the new trucks, so I think sales will start to pick up in the next couple of months. It will be interesting to see if GM can hang on to the number 2 spot at years end or if Ram will finally knock them off. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jlong1984 said:

Ram got a lot of things right with their new truck, add in very generous incentives and I'm not surprised it is selling well. I still do not like the looks of the new Ram, and I would be very hesitant to own one with Fiat Chryslers well-known quality control issues. 

I think the T1 is a major step forward, but GM still screwed up in removing several features like power adjustable peddles and turn signal mirrors. They are both small things, but when you get used to them, they really do make a big difference. The fact that GM still won't offer a larger fuel tank option when everyone else does is also infuriating. 

GM is finally starting to offer some decent incentives on the new trucks, so I think sales will start to pick up in the next couple of months. It will be interesting to see if GM can hang on to the number 2 spot at years end or if Ram will finally knock them off. 

could care less about the adjustable peddles or signal mirrors...but the Gas tank I totally agree with.  All GM had to do was split it down the middle say 28 gallons...That was it all they had to do?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jlong1984 said:

True. When the '19 Ram came out, our local dealer was offering 10-12k off. Like said, GM just recently started offering incentives. When the '19 GM's came out, there was nothing.

I believe there is another post on this website that talks about, As Prices Go Up Loyalty Goes Down.

I would never buy anything but GM. But these days very few people are brand loyal in anything they buy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Likarok said:

I believe there is another post on this website that talks about, As Prices Go Up Loyalty Goes Down.

I would never buy anything but GM. But these days very few people are brand loyal in anything they buy.

I sure wouldn't buy a truck I didn't like, IE ford or dodge or any rice burner,

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mookdoc6 said:

could care less about the adjustable peddles or signal mirrors...but the Gas tank I totally agree with.  All GM had to do was split it down the middle say 28 gallons...That was it all they had to do?

The tank is way to small considering the awful fuel miliage

If you add all the light and medium duty pickup trucks sold in the United States, Ram sells more units each year than Ford, Chevy, GM, and Toyota combined and this has been the case for quite a few years. 

Not all that surprising as Ram has been the most customer oriented with its ever improving truck designs. Chevy/GM are the least progressive and Ford falls somewhere in the middle. Toyota is not even in the running with their 11 year old Tundra truck.

If you look at reliability and repairs frequency and dealer satisfaction then it is reversed with Toyota coming out on top, followed by Chevy/GM and trailing by Ford and Ram in terms of 1500 class trucks. For me it is a matter of trying to decide between the old Toyota with great reliability and the far less reliable but more modern Ram. The Silverado 1500 with its very small gas tank is not in the running.

The Tundra has a very old design, poor gas mileage, and crash test results are horrible. There's also no discount with the Tundra, that's why they don't sell well compared to the others. I would not consider it, it's either 13 mpg with little power or 23 mpg with a lot more power (GM seems to be the best with gas mileage, followed by Ford, with RAM as the last).

I've driven a couple F-150 trucks and never had problems. Reliability really isn't an issue here especially since the odds of having a problem is a little bit more than Toyota's, but when you consider Toyota's shortcomings, you'd want to stick with the American trucks. I would not consider spending $15,000 more just for a slightly better reliability record.

I'm okay with Chevrolet's "little" tank because the gas mileage is really good for the 5.3L V-8. I don't care about brand loyalty, I just went for what was the best at the time being.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wiggums said:

The Tundra has a very old design, poor gas mileage, and crash test results are horrible. There's also no discount with the Tundra, that's why they don't sell well compared to the others. I would not consider it, it's either 13 mpg with little power or 23 mpg with a lot more power (GM seems to be the best with gas mileage, followed by Ford, with RAM as the last).

I've driven a couple F-150 trucks and never had problems. Reliability really isn't an issue here especially since the odds of having a problem is a little bit more than Toyota's, but when you consider Toyota's shortcomings, you'd want to stick with the American trucks. I would not consider spending $15,000 more just for a slightly better reliability record.

I'm okay with Chevrolet's "little" tank because the gas mileage is really good for the 5.3L V-8. I don't care about brand loyalty, I just went for what was the best at the time being.

I am getting 800 KM (500 mi) with a 2017 5.3 l.   How much more do you want.  

• Like 1

My '14 Ram with 50k miles was far and away a better truck in every category than the 12k mile '17 Silverado (that I purchased new with 30 miles) that I traded for it.  Even towed/hauled better despite worse published numbers.  I have zero brand loyalty and no biases for it, I don't owe brands anything.  I wouldn't call the '19 Chevy "manly", I'd call it godawful ugly.  But just like mutant infants, some folks pretend not to notice if they have skin in the game.  I don't like that the '19 Rams really softened the hood bulge style they'd had since '94 and I hate the giant touch screen, but it's still better than the high-cheekbones that Chevy is passing on.  Pissing on Ram quality completely ignores 1) the Chevy Shake 2) garbage TC/transmission programming 3) brake booster failures 4) leaking rear window frames 5) oil consumption issues.  All those rank pretty high on the "do not buy" list.  My Ram got the same gas mileage as the Chevy despite 50 more hp, more weight, and a 3.91 vs a 3.42.  Why?  The extra balls let it run in V4 mode nearly all the time.

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter because every fanboi will beat the drum why theirs is the best, like it affects them.  Just buy whatcha want and what makes the best economic sense.

• Like 1