Ram passes Chevrolet for number 2 spot?

GM needs a black eye. Good for Dodge.

This redo without the interior being changed is a true example of cutting corners to maximize income.

The interior team should be fired or the management that said ...  "hey, just move buttons around and call it a day" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dukedkt442 said:

My '14 Ram with 50k miles was far and away a better truck in every category than the 12k mile '17 Silverado (that I purchased new with 30 miles) that I traded for it.  Even towed/hauled better despite worse published numbers.  I have zero brand loyalty and no biases for it, I don't owe brands anything.  I wouldn't call the '19 Chevy "manly", I'd call it godawful ugly.  But just like mutant infants, some folks pretend not to notice if they have skin in the game.  I don't like that the '19 Rams really softened the hood bulge style they'd had since '94 and I hate the giant touch screen, but it's still better than the high-cheekbones that Chevy is passing on.  Pissing on Ram quality completely ignores 1) the Chevy Shake 2) garbage TC/transmission programming 3) brake booster failures 4) leaking rear window frames 5) oil consumption issues.  All those rank pretty high on the "do not buy" list.  My Ram got the same gas mileage as the Chevy despite 50 more hp, more weight, and a 3.91 vs a 3.42.  Why?  The extra balls let it run in V4 mode nearly all the time.

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter because every fanboi will beat the drum why theirs is the best, like it affects them.  Just buy whatcha want and what makes the best economic sense.

Sir, mam (as you're not telling) whatever you are that's your opinion.  You think the Silverado is ugly I think it looks awesome.  I thought the old RAM was godawful ugly with it's International school bus fenders and I think the new RAM looks better.  RAM has always been the bottom of the barrel with fuel mileage.  I think the Silverado has that don't f#cI< with me look.  Some like it some don't.  Some like the Sierra and some don't.  I just can't get used to the sim card fender wells.  That's the purpose of a forum.  We can agree, disagree, like or not like the same things.  If we all agreed and liked the same things then there would be no need for a forum.  That's the beauty of a forum.  I'm a member of several gun, motorcycle and truck forums and it's all the same.  As for the Silverado troubles, have you visited the RAM sight lately?

• Like 1

The people discussing appearance.... do you people stay at certain hotels because you like the way it looks or, maybe, it's the wallpapers inside? When I bought my Silverado, I looked at the reviews, actual gas mileage, list of standard equipment and options I could get, the manufacturer discounts, the resale value in the future, and the interior quality. RAM won with interior quality and manufacturer discounts.

I like to buy new trucks every 4 or 5 years. I try to buy when the new body comes out so I can make more out of the resale value. The 2019 RAM was tempting but owners seemed to have more trouble along with horrible gas mileage. I am not too crazy about having a big Tesla pad in the middle of the dashboard.

Since I owned a 2016 F-150, it felt cheaper inside with more plastic. My 2016 did poorly with gas mileage but didn't have that tricky handling I am experiencing on my 2019. I also read the reviews on the new 5.3 V8 and read that many were getting better gas mileage than EPA numbers. I am already doing that right now, am getting 24 on highway trips.

So it was RAM at $15,000 off, Silverado at $10,000 off, and Ford at $10,000 off. Honestly, if there was no discount, I would still have gone for the Silverado because of the all-new 2019 design and the USB-C ports. RAM was nicer inside but I am skeptical of its long-term reliability and felt it would also fare worse with resale value. With Ford's body being the same since 2015, I'd expect its resale to suffer but not as bad as RAM.

My 2012 F-150 had the best resale, it was MSRP'd at $39k, bought for $29k, traded in four years later for $24k. My 2016 F-150 did pretty well, MSRP'd at $51k, bought for $39k, and traded in three years later for $31k. I think the Chevy will do better than my most recent F-150. I don't think I'd get that much out of the RAM.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2019 at 3:42 AM, dukedkt442 said:

I wouldn't call the '19 Chevy "manly", I'd call it godawful ugly.  But just like mutant infants, some folks pretend not to notice if they have skin in the game.

Careful there, because it's just as easy to dismiss the opinions of others as somehow "biased" or blinded when you don't agree with them.  Maybe some of us are not pretending, maybe we genuinely like the way our trucks look.  Possible, yeah?  Maybe, just maybe, your own view is not the arbiter of good taste for all.

Really odd that you threw in that judgemental statement in ruining the rest of your post that seemed fairly reasonable and non-judgemental, but I guess that's your own bias rearing its godawful ugly head lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cjc said:

Hey Wiggums,I have to be proud of the vehicle I buy.I just can't be proud of a ugly 2019 GM truck.I will keep my 2016 GMC.even with its quirks.

Sooner or later you'll be in an ugly newer GM truck. Plan on driving the '16 forever? You may eat those words one day lol.

The simplest creature comfort is a radio. My Sierra every couple of months while driving will have its radio crash and reboot losing all settings except the clock.

If you can’t make a radio that works..she’s getting traded to try something else. Someone else.

All I want is a factory radio that works, its not asking for too much. GM can’t do it.

GM and I know its not their radio thats at fault. Its been replaced. There is a wiring problem somewheres and they cant find it.

On 4/5/2019 at 8:14 AM, towdog333 said:

To each his own I say, I like the look of the 19's , I had a 14 n this new one has more power n actually more features. An mine does have power seats. Don't get me wrong I loved my 14 

I saw the redesigned 2019 Silverado and couldn't get to the dealer fast enough to trade my 2012 Sierra SLT....for a 2018 Chev. LTZ. Those 2019's  Silverados are one ugly front end.  And the interior is really cost cutting at it's best. Might have a couple of extra vents-but everything else is a field of cheap looking plastic. Compared to the RAM it's shameful.,

Edited by CKNSLS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CKNSLS said:

I saw the redesigned 2019 Silverado and couldn't get to the dealer fast enough to trade my 2012 Sierra SLT....for a 2018 Chev. LTZ. Those 2019's  Silverados are one ugly front end.  And the interior is really cost cutting at it's best. Might have a couple of extra vents-but everything else is a field of cheap looking plastic. Compared to the RAM it's shameful.,

Aw B.S... You gonna keep the '18 forever? You're gonna have too now otherwise you'll be in an ugly truck if you buy GM. When the 14's came out people were saying the same and previous years body style years too. 

Edited by mafd2

49 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

Aw B.S... You gonna keep the '18 forever? You're gonna have too now otherwise you'll be in an ugly truck if you buy GM. When the 14's came out people were saying the same and previous years body style years too. 

I tried to buy the new RAM. The truck's mirrors were too wide for my garage and no one knew what it would take/how much to replace them. I would have bought a 2019 RAM. I'm not a "brand loyalist" to a point where I want to drive...IMHO a ugly truck.  From every site I have been on-it seems that the 2019 redesign is a disaster. GM is offering 0% at 72 months (on a NEW model) to sell these things. What does that tell you?

There has NEVER been a redesign with "ugly air damns" integrated in to the front bumpers/fenders.

For all of those who bought a 2019-CONGRATS!. When they redesign the front end (my bet it's coming) you will have a collector's item!

Edited by CKNSLS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

I tried to buy the new RAM. The truck's mirrors were too wide for my garage and no one knew what it would take/how much to replace them. I would have bought a 2019 RAM. I'm not a "brand loyalist" to a point where I want to drive...IMHO a ugly truck.  From every site I have been on-it seems that the 2019 redesign is a disaster. GM is offering 0% at 72 months (on a NEW model) to sell these things. What does that tell you?

There has NEVER been a redesign with "ugly air damns" integrated in to the front bumpers/fenders.

For all of those who bought a 2019-CONGRATS!. When they redesign the front end (my bet it's coming) you will have a collector's item!

They've been doing 0% forever... RAM is doing 12-15k off here. I'm not making light of the RAM and to me it's not a bad looking truck. Just saying...

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2019 at 7:32 PM, Aycock1987 said:

Not surprised at all. Called it, back when Chevy introduced the FUGLY ‘19 Silverado. All the GM Board of Directors cares about is self-driving electric cars in its fantasy version of the future. 

On 4/7/2019 at 2:31 PM, Wiggums said:

The people discussing appearance.... do you people stay at certain hotels because you like the way it looks or, maybe, it's the wallpapers inside? When I bought my Silverado, I looked at the reviews, actual gas mileage, list of standard equipment and options I could get, the manufacturer discounts, the resale value in the future, and the interior quality. RAM won with interior quality and manufacturer discounts.

I like to buy new trucks every 4 or 5 years. I try to buy when the new body comes out so I can make more out of the resale value. The 2019 RAM was tempting but owners seemed to have more trouble along with horrible gas mileage. I am not too crazy about having a big Tesla pad in the middle of the dashboard.

Since I owned a 2016 F-150, it felt cheaper inside with more plastic. My 2016 did poorly with gas mileage but didn't have that tricky handling I am experiencing on my 2019. I also read the reviews on the new 5.3 V8 and read that many were getting better gas mileage than EPA numbers. I am already doing that right now, am getting 24 on highway trips.

So it was RAM at $15,000 off, Silverado at $10,000 off, and Ford at $10,000 off. Honestly, if there was no discount, I would still have gone for the Silverado because of the all-new 2019 design and the USB-C ports. RAM was nicer inside but I am skeptical of its long-term reliability and felt it would also fare worse with resale value. With Ford's body being the same since 2015, I'd expect its resale to suffer but not as bad as RAM.

My 2012 F-150 had the best resale, it was MSRP'd at $39k, bought for $29k, traded in four years later for $24k. My 2016 F-150 did pretty well, MSRP'd at $51k, bought for $39k, and traded in three years later for $31k. I think the Chevy will do better than my most recent F-150. I don't think I'd get that much out of the RAM.

The horrible gas mileage is because the ram makes a LOT more horsepower.  Pick your poison........Power or mileage