2016 Silverado /GMC power outlet on dash question...

I have a 2016 Silverado Z71, comes with the stock 110~120 volt outlet on the dash.

Wanted to know if the outlet has power with the truck off? I wanted to charge my Milwaukee drill batteries overnight ...

Think that will drain my trucks battery if i did it for a few hours at night?

Just curious.

I have a 2016 Silverado Z71, comes with the stock 110~120 volt outlet on the dash.
Wanted to know if the outlet has power with the truck off? I wanted to charge my Milwaukee drill batteries overnight ...
Just curious.

I believe it only works with ignition on.

Sent from above

5 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

I’d look at getting a portable backup battery charging system that not only charges but has outlets on it as well

Sent from above

Thanks for the replies. Ill check Amazon for that battery backup charging system... Any suggestions?

Thanks for the replies. Ill check Amazon for that battery backup charging system... Any suggestions?

1dc32bac4ab630cd9b18a3980c1e4fa2.jpg

This has been a fantastic setup, charges, lighting, plug in outlet and even has an air compressor built in. I mainly used it for charging cause it’s got a lithium battery

Sent from above
  • Like 1

1dc32bac4ab630cd9b18a3980c1e4fa2.jpg

This has been a fantastic setup, charges, lighting, plug in outlet and even has an air compressor built in. I mainly used it for charging cause it’s got a lithium battery

Sent from above
Where can you get that? I have an older Craftsman similar to that but doesn't have a lithium battery I'd like to update.
  • Like 1

Where can you get that? I have an older Craftsman similar to that but doesn't have a lithium battery I'd like to update.

I bought this one three years ago at either an Auto Zone or Home Depot to use with my 5th wheel, sitting on the shelf for about two years and battery is still at 100% lol. The air compressor isn’t very good for LT tires needing 50 and above psi but will definitely get you going.

Sent from above

Good idea on the portable charger!  Another option is to watch for Milwaukee batteries on sale at Home Depot.  I have only used my 110 outlet for charging Milwaukee batteries and have found that charging while driving and having an extra battery (or 2) keeps my Milwaukee drill, vacuum and flashlight fully powered while camping.  (This year, I started using the electric drill method of raising and lowering my trailer's stabilizers.  I used to think this was silly but is proving to be a legitimate time and back saver!)

• Like 1

Just curious.
There is a way to make the 110 and the cigarette lighter next to it always on if it isn't for you already. On the driver side fuse panel on the dash there's a 50 fuse (circled). I took the pic of another forum because I couldnt find the one I used when I got my radar detector. Basically there's 3 key slots but the 50 fuse is only in 2 (the 3rd is where the red wire this guy hooked up). If your outlets are always on (mine came always on when I got the truck) and you want to make it to where they are key power only, simply pull that 50 fuse and move it over one slot. Or vice versa. I did it because my radar detector was always on even with the truck off and I didn't like that, so I swapped the fuse over 1 slot and made it where it only had power with the key on. But like everyone has already said it will probably drain the battery if youre trying to charge something that size. Just wanted to share that you can make them either always on or with the key only534f8751ae7bc620f0f94e2d2e9bc774.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk