In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
UWbadger1013

Window tint question

For those that have their front side windows tinted to match factory back at 20% does your window tint have a cool color tone (everything is more grey) when looking out? If you look at the pic can clearly see a difference. I got 20% ceramic put on the front. Normal or not? 1ef415a3324c0f61aba459f3325c7710.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FWIW i also put some 20% ceramic tint on mine and experienced the same thing.  From the outside they match but looking out the front windows are a more cool tone while the back is more sepia tinted.

That being said I just used cheap 30$ stuff and did it myself because its not legal here and I didn't expect the cops to leave me alone very long.  

• Like 1

I used 3M Premium tent on my front windows. They took a couple of weeks but I think they match better now than when I first did it. Once all the moisture was out I think the tone looked better. I did 30%

• Like 2

Aftermarket window tint will never look the same looking from the inside out. I went with 35%. Matches close, not like 20 will, but I also like to see at night. Had 20% on 2 of my vehicles and never again. 

• Like 1

Aftermarket window tint will never look the same looking from the inside out. I went with 35%. Matches close, not like 20 will, but I also like to see at night. Had 20% on 2 of my vehicles and never again. 
I always thought that to be the case but had them done with non ceramic last truck and they matched far better. They feel like there is a haze when looking out them and this is after 4 full days

FWIW i also put some 20% ceramic tint on mine and experienced the same thing.  From the outside they match but looking out the front windows are a more cool tone while the back is more sepia tinted.

That being said I just used cheap 30$ stuff and did it myself because its not legal here and I didn't expect the cops to leave me alone very long.  
Exactly how it looks. Just feels weird looking through it. If all the windows were the same probably wouldn't be so bad

I recently tinted my fronts 20% to match the rears and there is a color difference from the inside and from the outside it matches. I think its the factory tint on the windows that gives it this effect. It doesnt bother me as much now

I recently tinted my fronts 20% to match the rears and there is a color difference from the inside and from the outside it matches. I think its the factory tint on the windows that gives it this effect. It doesnt bother me as much now
Did you do regular tint or ceramic? My wife has 20% regular and not near as much of a cooler color when looking through it as the ceramic

Its regular, ill try and take the camera out tomorrow to maybe see if i notice a difference

Here is another pic compared to original pic posted using the fire hydrant as reference for color8e7999c5e4be89a224b8bc44b1beab69.jpg6850f2d9a917f1615c0360f21c91a985.jpg

Same! I went with the lighter tint also. I like it and it’s legal here in Alaska.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had mine done by a shop and never noticed any difference from inside.  I'll have take a closer look now but from the outside, they look factory.  Been on there for 4 years and not a bubble or a streak.  They did a class job.

I went with non ceramic tint, the tint guy matched the front to the back. He has specific tint that he uses for different vehicle makes, making sure he gets as close to factory as possible. 

It took a few days in the hot sun for my tiny to cure and clear up . 

received_10211404528488040.jpeg

I had mine color matched about two weeks ago. From the inside I can notice a difference, but outside looks the same. It’s a little weird but I’m getting used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used 3M Premium tent on my front windows. They took a couple of weeks but I think they match better now than when I first did it. Once all the moisture was out I think the tone looked better. I did 30%
Does it still have a cool color tone to objects when you look from inside out?