2001 Yukon XL Transfer Case Issue

I have a 2001 Yukon XL 1500.  The truck mostly just sits and only gets used to pull the boat of take a run to the dump.  I went to move it the other day and tried to take it our of 4 hi.   Nothing happened.  I tried to pull out of the mud and only the rear wheels spun.  Then I tried again and the buttons all flashed at me and the service 4wd light came on.  I could put the buttons in awd and 4hi but nothing else.  

I figured my transfer case position sensor was bad.  I went to put a new actuator with a new position sensor.  The transfer case was in 2wd.  I hooked up the wiring and tried to shift the actuator into 4hi so I could install it.  The lights went out on the switch.  They have not returned.  I manually shifted the t case.  It was in 2wd and I changed it to neutral.  Installed the actuator.  And put it all together.  Still no lights and no response from the button.  I pulled the buttons and reflowed the solder.  Still nothing.  

I checked the ohms on the switch and they were all stable but in not sure what the right ohms for the truck are.   I'll post them in a bit. 

Any ideas on what to do next.  Now I am stuck in neutral and no lights. 

I also ground the bad grounding spot and put that together so that is ruled out.