Z71 came with all season tires, specs say AT?

I would say the sooner you contact the dealer, the easier bit will be to swap them out. Once they have a couple hundred miles on them, they couldn't put them on a new truck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I’ve already put 2500 miles on it in the first month. I’m not sure how this will play out really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you put on that many miles, drive the cheap highway tires all summer then get a good set of all terrain tires later this year. They will probably be better than the all terrain tires the truck should have come with. Bring it up to the dealer and see if they can give you a discount on new tires. Ultimately they will say you took delivery of the truck as is. Once you take delivery, your leverage goes way down as they have already moved on to selling the next truck on the lot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

There is an earlier thread here that, if memory serves, includes some information about Fortitude being considered an AT tire by Chev. I seem to remember some guys already getting into a pissing contest over this.

Search the K2 forums and there are a couple threads about this same thing. Bottom line is this: GM put sh*t tires on ALL the Z-71 trucks and they still put the words, "all terrain" tires on the window sticker. That's just the way it is, like the sky is blue and grass is green. No point wasting your time arguing with the dealer who has nothing to do with it. Some people have tried to raise a fuss to no avail. The time to argue was before purchase. Some dealers might offer you an upgraded tire for a couple hundred $.

Do yourself a favor, sell the OEM tires, buy what you want and move on with life. I believe Discount Tire will give you a trade-in. I sold mine on facebook marketplace for $200 after putting 30k miles on them.

Edited by aseibel

16 minutes ago, aseibel said:

Search the K2 forums and there are a couple threads about this same thing. Bottom line is this: GM put sh*t tires on ALL the Z-71 trucks and they still put the words, "all terrain" tires on the window sticker. That's just the way it is, like the sky is blue and grass is green. No point wasting your time arguing with the dealer who has nothing to do with it. Some people have tried to raise a fuss to no avail. The time to argue was before purchase. Some dealers might offer you an upgraded tire for a couple hundred $.

Do yourself a favor, sell the OEM tires, buy what you want and move on with life. I believe Discount Tire will give you a trade-in. I sold mine on facebook marketplace for $200 after putting 30k miles on them.

Indeed. I reviewed the thread I referred to. Z71 (at least in '17) come equipped with Fortitude (18") or SR-A (20"), neither of which is considered to be an AT tire by anyone. Except Chevrolet that is.

Indeed. I reviewed the thread I referred to. Z71 (at least in '17) come equipped with Fortitude (18") or SR-A (20"), neither of which is considered to be an AT tire by anyone. Except Chevrolet that is.

I guess if this is how it came from the factory, I’m not terribly concerned. I mainly felt there’s something up with clearly non AT tires being on my truck which should have came with AT

6 minutes ago, Controller23 said:

I guess if this is how it came from the factory, I’m not terribly concerned. I mainly felt there’s something up with clearly non AT tires being on my truck which should have came with AT

It's a semantics thing. Chevrolet says they qualify as AT so that's that. You aren't the first guy to feel raped.

• Like 1

It's a semantics thing. Chevrolet says they qualify as AT so that's that. You aren't the first guy to feel raped.

I’ll probably run these until they wear out, then replace with some LT ATs

Its not even chevrolet's problem, its the mothership: General Motors. I don't know why they do this. There is not a single truck owner who would call Goodyear SRA's all terrain tires. The other brands do the same thing. 

But maybe they figure people will want to replace them no matter what they do, so they just negotiated a cheap deal with goodyear for bottom of the barrel tires and leave it up to us to get what we really want.

3 minutes ago, Controller23 said:

I’ll probably run these until they wear out, then replace with some LT ATs

To the OP: the OEM tires are basically chosen for highway performance and fuel mileage. If you are okay with that, then there's really no problem. But these tires are not intended for serious off-road, or inclement weather. So I recommend doing what I did, rack up some miles while the tread is good, then dump them in the fall before the snow comes. I got a buy 3 get 1 free deal on Cooper AT3's at Fleet Farm last fall so I pulled the trigger. after selling my old set, I paid about $500 for a brand new set of rubber. I couldn't be happier.

(I see you are from WI, so you'll know what Fleet Farm is. :D)

Its not even chevrolet's problem, its the mothership: General Motors. I don't know why they do this. There is not a single truck owner who would call Goodyear SRA's all terrain tires. The other brands do the same thing. 

But maybe they figure people will want to replace them no matter what they do, so they just negotiated a cheap deal with goodyear for bottom of the barrel tires and leave it up to us to get what we really want.

To the OP: the OEM tires are basically chosen for highway performance and fuel mileage. If you are okay with that, then there's really no problem. But these tires are not intended for serious off-road, or inclement weather. So I recommend doing what I did, rack up some miles while the tread is good, then dump them in the fall before the snow comes. I got a buy 3 get 1 free deal on Cooper AT3's at Fleet Farm last fall so I pulled the trigger. after selling my old set, I paid about $500 for a brand new set of rubber. I couldn't be happier.
(I see you are from WI, so you'll know what Fleet Farm is. [emoji3])

That’s a steal for those Coopers. How is the noise?

7 minutes ago, Controller23 said:

That’s a steal for those Coopers. How is the noise?

No noise at all when the tread is good. I had the previous version of them on my old truck, with I think 50k miles on them miles at time of sale and still no road noise. I'm a huge fan of Cooper tires, great traction in snow and long tread life. 

No noise at all when the tread is good. I had the previous version of them on my old truck, with I think 50k miles on them miles at time of sale and still no road noise. I'm a huge fan of Cooper tires, great traction in snow and long tread life. 

I think I’ve eventually ended up with coopers on every car I’ve owned