Which brand owners are DBAGS?

CSI-WALLEYE

A co-worker of mine indicated he thought RAM owners were the worst.  I am new to truck ownership and thought this was truck brand hyperbole.  But during a drive in a severe snow storm where many vehicles in the ditch,  I noticed the vast majority of trucks driving way too fast for the conditions were Ram trucks.  I thought maybe this was a coincidence.  Then I found this older  post in a Western Canadian site with a poll indicating an 80% Ram DBAG rating https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/395348-Which-make-of-truck-do-dbags-drive/page5

Is this a Western Canadian thing or a widely held belief?  If this is a widely held belief, why do you think it is the case?  When I was looking for trucks, I looked at the Ram and thought they were good.  I just liked the GM better and found a very good deal. 

If Ram owners have the reputation for being DBAGs, what is the tag attached to GM and Ford drivers?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, diyer2 said:

They all have dbags.

Common sense and the odds say that.

:)

Granted.  There is no doubt that dbags buy all brands.  But why is there this belief?  or am I way off base and this is just a local opinion.

As I indicated it really does not make sense to me.  But there is no denying there appears to be some evidence.

No worse than asking about oil, how much did you pay, what tires etc IMO.

You didn't have to reply Karnut.

:)

Edited by diyer2
  • Like 1

No worse than asking about oil, how much did you pay, what tires etc IMO.
You didn't have to reply Karnut.
[emoji4]

Free country. Smart buyers buy what’s on sale and don’t drink the kook aid. I’m old enough to have owned all the brands. The other topics you mentioned have to do with price, longevity and experiences. I owned a Cadillac once, I must be brilliant and rich. Nooo I was young and stupid and didn’t spend my money well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

It's true. At least where I live. More modded up black wheeled loud and obnoxious Ram owners especially Cummins owners with their mirrors fully extended not towing anything

Think they are so badass  You know what they say, big truck little dick.

I think they are lame.

• Like 2

Quoted from a GM Tech forum.  Don"t shoot the messenger.

Here's something else to consider.

we have been Buick, Pontiac til quit making and Chevrolet for 35 plus years. gm decided it was time for  a neighboring Chevrolet GMC dealer (used to be Cadillac as well) to shut the doors.  the owner of our dealership wound up buying the GMC franchise and we moved into a larger store.  the owner is regretting it now only because of the mentality of the GMC owners as a whole. the GMC owners come in and complain about every little thing . "its done it 5 times in the last 4 months and I want it fixed right now"

the GMC and Cadillac owners will bring in their vehicle at 11am throw down the keys and say they need an oil change, and tire rotation and while its here it has a noise sometimes when turning right.  I will be back at 1 o clock to pick it up. doesn't matter if there are 15 waiters sitting in front of them.

this mentality of the customers has sunk the enthusiasm of the techs as well. can't get paid if the customer won't leave the vehicle to diagnose properly.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tbarn said:

Quoted from a GM Tech forum.  Don"t shoot the messenger.

Here's something else to consider.

we have been Buick, Pontiac til quit making and Chevrolet for 35 plus years. gm decided it was time for  a neighboring Chevrolet GMC dealer (used to be Cadillac as well) to shut the doors.  the owner of our dealership wound up buying the GMC franchise and we moved into a larger store.  the owner is regretting it now only because of the mentality of the GMC owners as a whole. the GMC owners come in and complain about every little thing . "its done it 5 times in the last 4 months and I want it fixed right now"

the GMC and Cadillac owners will bring in their vehicle at 11am throw down the keys and say they need an oil change, and tire rotation and while its here it has a noise sometimes when turning right.  I will be back at 1 o clock to pick it up. doesn't matter if there are 15 waiters sitting in front of them.

this mentality of the customers has sunk the enthusiasm of the techs as well. can't get paid if the customer won't leave the vehicle to diagnose properly.

That's funny. I have a 15 Sierra and people I work with that have silverados always give me a hard time. Say "oh you got a professional grade truck". I would have bought a silvy but got a great deal on my Sierra. 

3 hours ago, wforrest08 said:

Well since you didn’t specify trucks the answer is BMW owners...

I say that even though 2 of my good friends drove Beamers.

Wonder what that says about me??? ?

Says that you are OK, because you have a GM truck!

My vote would be for Subaru, or Prius drivers, seems I can never travel anywhere without being behind the damn tree huggers driving 20 MPH below posted speed limit!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 15 Z71 said:

That's funny. I have a 15 Sierra and people I work with that have silverados always give me a hard time. Say "oh you got a professional grade truck". I would have bought a silvy but got a great deal on my Sierra. 

Just reply with, Yes, yes I did, lowly Chevy owners...….You will make friends at break neck speed....