Coming back. Maybe! I have a few questions

Well, I hope I can still find the 2018 in 2 weeks.  I'm waiting on Ford's Reaquired Vehicle Team to process my check.  They put it thru on Thursday and said it could take 5-7 days.  I'm hoping I hear this week so I can drop this POS at their doorstep and say goodbye to Ford forever.

Hey, Thejet07.  I've been on conversations with you on the f150 forum (lemon law topic and "Any issues with the 2018?).  Glad to see you got a better truck.  I've been a GM guy my entire life, but when my son was getting his driver's license, GM didn't have anything.  The Camaro was a no go since he couldn't see out of it, so we ended up getting a Mustang GT.  I loved his car, but hated Ford's customer service when it needed repairs.  I ended up buying a 2017 GT for me and lemon lawed it, bought the '18 F150 and lemon lawing it.  I'm going back to GM.

My hope is that the customer service is what it used to be.  My last GM under warranty was my 2006 Silverado and the dealer took very good care of me, but that was before the re-org.  I hope it's the same company that it used to be.  I'm sure I'll be seeing more of you on these forums.

I think you'll need a real good test ride to determine if these trucks are for you, personally I love mine but the transmission is a little "weird". And I have the six speed. I find that it kind of doesn't hold onto a gear very long at low speeds...the rpm's will be at 1,400 and you'd think that would be low enough and then it shifts and drops it even lower. Then it goes up, then down. And it clunks. Some shifts feel a little "hard"...like when I'm not expecting it.  Funny thing is when I drive it harder and push it a little bit, it shifts fine, like it's meant to be driven hard. Which I don't. I don't tow, I don't have a heavy foot, etc. An AFM delete -  from what I hear will eliminate some of the shifting back and forth.

But like I said, I do love the truck and I can certainly live with the quirkiness of this transmission.  I have a 2018 5.3 with 28,000 miles on it (already). Also when cold the truck will give me this fish bite sensation under light throttle/low speeds, but I hear that could be a result of the direct injection...once it warms up it's fine.

I believe the mechanical issues with the transmissions - if you were to have one - would be a failed torque converter (and pump).  I hear more about those than total transmission failures. I also hear there is a TSB for a transmission fluid flush. 

I'm on my second of this series, 2015 and 2018 and have had no problems.  Both have been smooth as silk.  I had to set the mph alarm ( at 80) because I can't tell how fast I'm going.  :rolleyes:

The transmission ( I only know about the 6 speed)  is wonky until it "learns in".  It takes a while too... about 3,500 miles for me.

I like these trucks a lot. 

Hey, Thejet07.  I've been on conversations with you on the f150 forum (lemon law topic and "Any issues with the 2018?).  Glad to see you got a better truck.  I've been a GM guy my entire life, but when my son was getting his driver's license, GM didn't have anything.  The Camaro was a no go since he couldn't see out of it, so we ended up getting a Mustang GT.  I loved his car, but hated Ford's customer service when it needed repairs.  I ended up buying a 2017 GT for me and lemon lawed it, bought the '18 F150 and lemon lawing it.  I'm going back to GM.

My hope is that the customer service is what it used to be.  My last GM under warranty was my 2006 Silverado and the dealer took very good care of me, but that was before the re-org.  I hope it's the same company that it used to be.  I'm sure I'll be seeing more of you on these forums.

I thought your name looked familiar. Seems like you’ve had your fair share of bad luck. Like others have said, test drive em. I test drove several 2018’s and some felt different then others but had similar options. I test drove the 19’ and knew I was done. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI - GM producing both generations for 2019

2018 and 2019 "Limited" is k2xx generation

2019 T1xx generation is new body style

I've owned 3 GM Trucks since 2015. A 2015 Sierra, a 2015 Silverado, and now the 2018 Sierra. The Chevy had the 5.3 with the 6 Spd. No issues what so ever aside from the head on collision at 55mph. The 5 star rating is legit. I moved to the '15 Sierra with the 6.2 and the 8 Spd and holy balls that thing could pull but... it had trans issues. Those got better over time but I would still get the occasional clunk. Finally I had the opportunity to jump on and '18 8 Spd 6.2 with nearly every bell and whistle. It's been butter smooth since day 1 and get's better as the miles pile on. Your results may vary but as you can see I was one who had the issues and still came back. I love the look and feel of these trucks and while every manufacturer is going to have issues.... in the end it's all a crap shoot.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2018GMC said:

FYI - GM producing both generations for 2019

2018 and 2019 "Limited" is k2xx generation

2019 T1xx generation is new body style

I can't say that I like the looks of the new Chevy or GMC truck, so I need to stick with the 2018s.  I didn't know they were building the last body style in 2019 also a "Classic" model like they did in 2007.  

8 minutes ago, scottmoyer said:

I can't say that I like the looks of the new Chevy or GMC truck, so I need to stick with the 2018s.  I didn't know they were building the last body style in 2019 also a "Classic" model like they did in 2007.  

Don’t get to excited. Only in the dbl cabs no crew cabs. Only 5.3L trucks with limited options.

I wasn’t a fan of the new model either. That’s why I first began looking at the 18’s. After seeing all black 19 with black bumpers my mind was changed. Looks mean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a 2018 SLT  It's got the 8 speed and a 5.3 with a 3.42 rear end.   I'm rated to pull about 9400 pounds which is fine for me and it can scoot within reason but most importantly I am saving on buying premium fuel.  The 6.2 can take regular but then it will run in a degraded fashion.   I've got the premium plus, z-71 and a few other packages, it's just about everything I could want in a fullsize. 

I didn't want a denali because I didn't want magna ride, I might lift / level it.

I didn't get the 6.2 because I know I wouldn't put premium fuel in it. 

It's a solid ride and will treat you right. save the money for mods, get the 18 SLT 

Myself and 2 co workers purchased 2018s at about the same time almost a year ago. Around then my parents also got a used 2017 and my buddies parents picked up a used 2016. All 5.3 6 speeds. 

So far all of us still love our trucks and any complaints are minor. Couple rattles here and there, one had the driver seat shimmy. Nothing major and no vibrations. 

• Like 1