2019 Silverado trailboss 5.3l engine oil cooler line failure

Well today got an oil pressure low warning coming on the dash doing highway speed. Stopped and pulled engine dipstick and no oil was left in engine. All over the ground and side of the truck. Looks like the oil cooler line crip wasn’t done proper and came loose and fell off. I have heard that this isn’t a new thing with the 19’s and 2 have had engine knocking after hose fails. Maybe head up to the rest of ya 

2482713E-70EF-40C0-8A3E-6EB649AC1183.jpeg

Damn, I am so sorry for this happening to you. I can only imagine what’s going through your head right now. Please keep us appraised of any and all actions the dealer does and what they say. Hopefully this turns out to your favor. It certainly should be made right.

If they say there is no damage to the engine, Chevrolet has what's called a Continuing Coverage Letter (CCL) that basically acts like an extended warranty for whatever component(s) the letter says is covered. It will also specify the time period for the coverage as well.

At a minimum I would insist I get a CCL for the engine.

Hope it works out for you.

• Thanks 1

Has your truck been fixed yet? This happened to me today on my Trailboss as well. Dealer has it and says part will be 2 weeks to get. I’m curious to know how everything goes with yours and if any engine damage was done. 

Edited by Austincb1762

Got the truck back this am, truck was gone for a week. New hose was put on and filled it with oil and they gave it back. We are going to take an oil sample here before next oil change to see if any filings are present and go from there. There is currently no strange noises coming from engine. Engine temp is normal. I will monitor engine oil ussage as well to see if it’s burning oil. Good luck with your truck. Terrible feeling 

This happened to our brand new truck yesterday. They are telling me the crimp on the rubber cooling hose failed. The 'crimp' will be here in two days. They are saying that this is the first time it's happened to GMC. Ha; as per your post it's obviously happened before! The service department seemed frustrated that I asked if there was ANY oil left in the motor- service person hasn't got back to me yet. He also seems put out that I want to speak directly with the technician- said it was his role; I'll trust that process for now. I hate not being able to talk it out with the guy who is working on my truck. Jeez! I'm sick about it- my hubby went all out on this truck. 

• Sad 1

This Just Happened to me on the way home from work on Monday.  2019 LT TrailBoss, 7552miles.  They are replacing the hoses currently. Waiting on the part to be delivered today. what a mess on the road and the whole underneath of the truck! They dont seem to be worried about the engine running without oil, although I am. Thankfully I had it off the road and turned off within 30seconds. I did not hear any funny noises. I will be pushing for oil analysis, oil usage tracking and i will want some  sort of good faith for engine longevity.