2019 Silverado trailboss 5.3l engine oil cooler line failure

1 hour ago, Silverado4x4 said:

TrailDemon have you check the level after they replace the oil line? You look like your 1/2 quart low on the stick now with that said if they replaced the line at the dealership then fill the motor with oil to the proper level on the stick and then started the motor the empty line and oil cooler will purge with oil (getting the air out) giving you about 1/2 quart down on the stick so fill it up to the proper level on the stick and keep an eye on it.

I did go over the oil leve days after and to me it looks like it’s missing more thn 1/2 quart ? 

On 6/15/2019 at 10:41 AM, jasnak said:

Not an oil leak, engine burning oil now because of the oil line failure and blew all the oil out. Read the thread. 

I think the last few years have shown these di gm engines consume oil, some more then others. Just look at the couple post were forum members took the head off their engines and found oil/carbon deposits all over the valves and top end of the engine. A reason why many here have chosen to install catch-canisters to help reduce the oil build up.

Changed my oil again 5,000 miles did the first change at 900.4,100 miles exactly at full mark before change. PP 4qrt 5/20 4 qrts5/30  Napa gold filter

Edited by K455

On 4/30/2019 at 1:31 PM, quicksilverc5 said:

In looking at the cooler design, it looks like you may be able to replace the whole setup with an AN fitting/braided line setup.  The attachment to the block looks to be similar to the LS designs, When I have a chance I need to look at the attachment to the radiator.  Of course if you do this and mess up its all on you.  Other option is to do a delete.  We'll have to see if its an issue like the window....bad supplier or if it a design flaw do to pressure changes.  I notice that my Oil Pressure varies quite a bit while driving and that could be stressing the connection.

Can you post a pick, if you havent already. going through all the pages

Hey, got my oil sample back from a 3rd party after this oil cooling line blew all the oil out of the engine  and it came back good no traces of any metal.?  Good peice of mind to have after this incident. If this happened to you I’d recommend getting your oil tested too. Cheap to do for

reasurance 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, James Dunn said:

2019 Silverado, 23.5k miles.  Oil Cooler Line fail.

Replaced line, refusing to provide CCL letter from the GM Customer Service folks...  Wondering who might I escalate this with?

I am just curious what you filmed this with

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, jasnak said:

Just wondering if GM fixed this problem or is anyone still having this problem with the cooler lines.

Funny you brought this back up because I was thinking about this the other day and it seems that they all posted the problem all around the same time and now we hear nothing.

I was down the dealership on 12-06-19 for the recalls on my truck and was talking to a friend of mine who is in charge of the mechanics in there shop and he said since they have been selling the 2019 T1 truck he has yet to have one come in the shop for a oil line failure, not one. 

Edited by Silverado4x4

Haven’t seen anything for months on the FB group either. I don’t think this problem is as widespread as 17 pages would suggest, and probably no more common than it was on the last generation.

Now the window leak....that’s something!!!

2019 GMC Sierra at4 6.2 liter, 11,000 miles. Driving at 20 mph all of a sudden alarms going off saying turn off engine zero oil pressure.I immediately turned it off. Got out to look at it and notice all the oil pouring out the front bottom of grill. Called tow truck and back to dealer. Let’s see what happens. 

Edited by Jaels
Typo
  • Sad 2