In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2019 Silverado trailboss 5.3l engine oil cooler line failure

19 minutes ago, Mattdale97 said:

I heard that they're re engineering the part and don't know when it will be fixed

Ya , very well could be. id  Be asking again. I was the orginator iof this thread and after mine first blew I thought it would be fine with a replacement part. About 8-9 months after the replacement line was installed I got a recall

letter saying they would replace the defective line again.  I asked service manager and they replaced it with the same line that was from the faulty place to begin with so it could of  happened again.you assume the new peice they put on wont be defective again.  Always been a gm guy but these new 19-20 trucks are something special. At least my dealership was good with the constant breakdowns and giving me a loaner.  

17 minutes ago, jasnak said:

Ya , very well could be. id  Be asking again. I was the orginator iof this thread and after mine first blew I thought it would be fine with a replacement part. About 8-9 months after the replacement line was installed I got a recall

letter saying they would replace the defective line again.  I asked service manager and they replaced it with the same line that was from the faulty place to begin with so it could of  happened again.you assume the new peice they put on wont be defective again.  Always been a gm guy but these new 19-20 trucks are something special. At least my dealership was good with the constant breakdowns and giving me a loaner.  

How long did it take you to get the part? 5 months is way too long

21 hours ago, Mattdale97 said:

Let me know how long it takes for you to get it fixed... mine is still at the dealer as it as been for 5 months

Craziest thing I have heard on these forms yet, you've been waiting for 5 months this is where a lawyer gets involved and you get your money back 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, add me to the list of guys who have had the engine oil cooler line fail.  2019 AT4 5.3 with 6200 miles. I had just pulled onto major roadway and got up to speed when my alarms sounded and dash read "low oil pressure, shut off engine immediately". As soon as I saw that it was an instant pull over and shut down.

25 minutes for G.M. roadside tow to arrive. Truck now at dealer to be repaired. Whole line came out of crimp! W.T.F.

1 hour ago, Jac365 said:

Well, add me to the list of guys who have had the engine oil cooler line fail.  2019 AT4 5.3 with 6200 miles. I had just pulled onto major roadway and got up to speed when my alarms sounded and dash read "low oil pressure, shut off engine immediately". As soon as I saw that it was an instant pull over and shut down.

25 minutes for G.M. roadside tow to arrive. Truck now at dealer to be repaired. Whole line came out of crimp! W.T.F.

Worst part with this is it has been happening for decades now, GM has always had issues with crimped oil lines coming undone and they seem to do not very much about it either.