Anyone use Driven branded oil?

Vengeance Racing installed the Whipple supercharger on my truck and said that they recommended using Driven Racing Oil and switching to 5w-30. I've never heard of it but they swear by it there. All they build is late model LS engines and are one of the top shops in the nation. My question is does anyone here have any experience with it? I have been using Amsoil and they said that is fine as well. Here is the link to the website https://www.drivenracingoilsales.com/ls30-5w-30-synthetic-oil/

Thank you! 

Why change? IMHO, 100% Amsoil is the best protection and if “its not broke don’t fix it” unless it’s made by MIT or NASA and proven to surpass Amsoil Signature Series otherwise, stick with what you know.

Sent from above

One thing to remember is high zinc is not good for a street run vehicles with CATs.  Granted it would take a while to poison them but why risk it.  Now if you don't have any CATs on your truck then you wouldn't have to worry.  Also, just because it is good for racing doesn't mean daily driven vehicles can benefit the same.  Remember race vehicles get oil changed after every race for most purposes. Also short distance trips and such when you don't get the vehicle up to temp comes to play.  This oil isn't designed for the average daily or weekend driven vehicle. Just food for thought.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

One thing to remember is high zinc is not good for a street run vehicles with CATs.  Granted it would take a while to poison them but why risk it.  Now if you don't have any CATs on your truck then you wouldn't have to worry.  Also, just because it is good for racing doesn't mean daily driven vehicles can benefit the same.  Remember race vehicles get oil changed after every race for most purposes. Also short distance trips and such when you don't get the vehicle up to temp comes to play.  This oil isn't designed for the average daily or weekend driven vehicle. Just food for thought.

OK great. Thanks for your input. I will continue to order through you. I will be needing diff oil soon as well as oil change 

Thank you! 

• Like 1

I ran this oil in my Coyote swapped notchback mustang. Can't say it is better than the other brands but it comes highly recommended from the track day guys and I that's where the car was being used. It's very expensive which is another factor to consider. 

• Like 1

I’m currently running the LS30 in my CTSV. The shop that did my cam swap put it in. The high zinc is good for the cam. They told me to run it for 3000 miles then swap to 10w40 preferably Redline. I run redline in other vehicles so that’s what I’ll stick with

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Denali34 said:

Vengeance Racing installed the Whipple supercharger on my truck and said that they recommended using Driven Racing Oil and switching to 5w-30. I've never heard of it but they swear by it there. All they build is late model LS engines and are one of the top shops in the nation. My question is does anyone here have any experience with it? I have been using Amsoil and they said that is fine as well. Here is the link to the website https://www.drivenracingoilsales.com/ls30-5w-30-synthetic-oil/

Thank you! 

Two points to consider...

I may be wrong but isn't the 0w-20 used for gas mileage purposes?

Racing oil may not be the best for a daily driver unless you change it way more frequently IMO.

I guess I would listen to Vengeance, they obviously know what they are doing.

If it were mine I would change it every 3000 miles anyways. 

I've always said oil is cheap , motors are not.

• Like 2

The OP is not using "racing" oil or oil meant for race engines.  The brand is called Driven Racing Oil.  They have regular synthetic oils used for daily drivers just like other brands.

The oil the OP is using is LS30 designed for blown LS engines, which is why Vengeance uses is. 

LS30 5W-30 Synthetic Street Performance Oil

Designed for high performance LS series engines, LS30 reduces oil consumption by limiting oil vaporization and foaming. It utilizes advanced mPAO synthetic base oils to reduce valve train noise and to provide high temperature and high shear protection for GM LS based engines with and without variable valve timing. LS30 delivers industry leading shear stability and HTHS bearing oil film thickness. Ideal for LS-based crate engines and supercharged LS performance engines as well as any performance engine that calls for a 5W-30 viscosity. Viscosity typical of 5W-30.

They also have oils including an 0W20 designed just for direct injected engines that supposedly helps cut down on carbon build up
  • Like 2