In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

rtr16

2020 or 2021 refresh coming on the 1500's?

Judging by the door lines, that's a Sierra. Unless Chevy is going to abandon that stupid swoosh front fender thing (hopefully).  In any case this will be the biggest mid-cycle "refresh" in GM truck history. It's not going to look anything like it's predecessor, which is a very good thing. Looks like a box off the HD's, and different wheel well arches. Hopefully HD style. I hate the wonky arches on the current Sierra. Going to be big discounts on the pigs on the lot pretty soon.

• Thanks 1

This isn't the best pic, but if this is a 2022 "refreshed interior", it does not seem to look much different than what is in the '19-21's. 🙈 

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 7.34.11 AM.png

You guys all worried about how big the screen will be. Sad. I want to know what's under the hood. I could care less how big the screen is.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

You guys all worried about how big the screen will be. Sad. I want to know what's under the hood. I could care less how big the screen is.

2.7L, 3.0L, 4.3L, 5.3L, or 6.2L. I really doubt we'll see any engine upgrades in 2022. 

2.7L, 3.0L, 4.3L, 5.3L, or 6.2L. I really doubt we'll see any engine upgrades in 2022. 
It would be nice if they dropped a LT4 Vette motor(755 hp) in a 1/2 ton. But that won't happen because Dodge and Ford will be above 700hp in 2021. GM usually waits to see what happens.
I'm sure the new screens will be humongous though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

It would be nice if they dropped a LT4 Vette motor(755 hp) in a 1/2 ton. But that won't happen because Dodge and Ford will be above 700hp in 2021. GM usually waits to see what happens.
I'm sure the new screens will be humongous though.emoji24.png

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Lol yeah I would take a 755hp V8 in place of an additional 2" on my infotainment. That's for sure. But, as you said... probably not happening. :(

4 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

X2

How about trunnion bushings that don't fall apart in 6 months? Oh wait, GM's target market for their trucks never open the tailgate...

3 hours ago, revrnd said:

X2

How about trunnion bushings that don't fall apart in 6 months? Oh wait, GM's target market for their trucks never open the tailgate...

Lol after I read your comment, I thought about the last time I opened my tailgate. It really has been a couple/few weeks. 😂 🙈 

Does that look like projector headlights are back for '22?

How about just headlights and leave the LED DRLs to the rest? 

This current truck seems overstyled compared to the Dodges and nobody has liked it since the 1500s were intro'd. I remember the breathless commentary touting the 'air curtains' & how the stylist who did the truck previously worked on the latest generation of the Camaro.

It's funny how the oversize CHEVEROLET seems to be a 180* turn from the GM800s where Chevrolet and GMC were little tags on the tailgates. Don't get me going on the missing bowtie on the grille.

we don't get paid to advertise for GM so I am very happy to remove the emblems and decals :P

HI all, just jumping in.  I'm in the market for a new truck but can't seem to pull the trigger on a half ton Silverado or GMC.  The interiors aren't much different from 17-18 models.  Neither are powertrains.  I'm after a 6.2L and the fuel economy is the same in the older models with 8 speed as they are with newer 10 speed models.  And Im in the camp where screen size matters!  And push button gear selector sucks.  My wife's GMC Terrain has it.  Totally awkward, hard to reach when you have a tall drink in the cup holder (like always)  I prefer the console shifter, not column.  It's sportier in my opinion, but in terms of functionality, the column shifter is hard to beat.  Easy to reach and out of the way/doesn't take up space on the dash

Welcome. If you don’t like the push button drive selectors, I think you better buy a 2021. The interior does have some improved features with wireless CarPlay and improved camera options. The camera options alone are leagues above the 17-18 K2 trucks. 

I think the 2022s WILL have push button drive selectors. It’s just the way things are going, y’all. 

1 hour ago, econometrics said:

Welcome. If you don’t like the push button drive selectors, I think you better buy a 2021. The interior does have some improved features with wireless CarPlay and improved camera options. The camera options alone are leagues above the 17-18 K2 trucks. 

I think the 2022s WILL have push button drive selectors. It’s just the way things are going, y’all. 

Funny how when Chrysler brought it out in the 60s it didn't catch on. Nowadays the auto industry seems to be overrun w/ 'monkey see monkey do'. Unless Dodge has a patent on their 2 piece tailgate, I wonder if anyone will copy it? Any reports of its durability when hauling an ATV on it?