After paying off GM Financial loan?

I paid off my loan with GM Financial over a month ago. About 2 weeks ago I got back an overpayment refund check for about $5, but nothing else yet. Should they be sending a letter or something I can take to the county to show that the Title no longer has a lienholder on it?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

First you'll get a certified letter releasing the lien, then you may or may not get a physical title depending on your state.  The letter says electronic title states don't always mail the title.  WA sent a new title about 3 weeks after the letter came.  New as in not lien released.

• 2 years later...

It is better to call the bank and find out for yourself to avoid problems. But if you don't have time, you can wait a couple of days. If nothing comes to you, it is better to call. Because I have wildcardcity and have to do everything myself. Many employees don't care about customers and don't do their job the way they need to. I don't know how I didn't notice the moment when the mail started to work disgustingly. I had a similar problem, waited 8 days, and called myself in the end.

Edited by Cligerson

The postal service is now taking longer to deliver mail so don't wait till the last minute to mail payments or they might not get there in time.    First class used to be 1-3 days, its now 1-5 days.....

Edited by elcamino

My wife handles bill paying I usually get the mail. One thing I know for sure all our payments get paid through a cash back credit card. That gets paid on line. Being an retired business owner I’ve been a victim of check washing. I would limit checks through the mail. The mail service has never been so bad. It’ll take awhile.

Edited by KARNUT