Replacing stock tires

I have 57k on my factory LS2s, and they're getting a little worn. Trying to decide whether to go with another set of these, or something else. I've had a good experience with the LS2s, no shaking or anything like that. I could probably get 60k+ out of them, but I'm thinking about replacing them while GM is offering price match and $200 rebate. Looking at either another set of LS2s, Continental CrossContact LX20s, or Hankook Ventus STs. What do you guys think? Truck is a street queen and it doesn't snow down here. Just looking for a smooth and quiet ride, long life, and max MPG.

If you’re sticking to stock size I’d look no further than Michelin Defenders, best stock all season tires that are now redesigned to handle more torque for all trucks. Forget about the ones you’ve mentioned, they don’t even compare to the Defenders

Sent from above

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have the Hankook Ventus ST RH06 tires on my truck. 275/55/20. Love them. Ride great, fantastic in dry and in rain. Used them in the snow a few times this winter and they were perfectly fine. I’d buy another set in a heartbeat. I got mine off Amazon for like $110 each. 

Edited by CombsL83

Michelin's are worth every penny spent. Have them on our Tahoe, so much better than the stock Bridgestone's.

Have had one pair of Hankook's, did not really care for them in winter weather.

• Like 2

Last tires I ran were Michelin's. Good tire until the last 10K miles. Tires started getting choppy and wearing funny. Had alignment checked when new tires were installed and the alignment was fine. I think the Michelin Tires could not handle the roads I drive possibly. 

As for new tires, Tires are only as good as the warranty and people installing them. Find a good shop that will treat you well, Purchase a recommended tire from them and you will be happy you did. I purchased some Hercules tires from the Shop by my house. Owner had been running them for years and he showed them to me and gave me build information. Every time I want my tires rotated, aired up, flat fixed or an alignment they do it for free and its close to the house with good service. 

1 hour ago, TXGREEK said:

If you’re sticking to stock size I’d look no further than Michelin Defenders, best stock all season tires that are now redesigned to handle more torque for all trucks. Forget about the ones you’ve mentioned, they don’t even compare to the Defenders

Sent from above

This!  Michelin Defenders are the best and longest lasting tire I've ever had.

3 hours ago, juscuzram said:

I have 57k on my factory LS2s, and they're getting a little worn. Trying to decide whether to go with another set of these, or something else. I've had a good experience with the LS2s, no shaking or anything like that. I could probably get 60k+ out of them, but I'm thinking about replacing them while GM is offering price match and $200 rebate. Looking at either another set of LS2s, Continental CrossContact LX20s, or Hankook Ventus STs. What do you guys think? Truck is a street queen and it doesn't snow down here. Just looking for a smooth and quiet ride, long life, and max MPG.

I just removed my LS2s with 1800 miles on my new 18 Silverado.  Looks like I have the same wheels as you, the 20" chrome.  I went with the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S in stock size OWL facing out.  Dressed up the truck and had them road forced balanced.  Only been 500 miles but so far so good.

I agree the LS2s road nice, but pretty plain looking and I'm not a Goodyear fan.  I'm selling my set on craigslist.

My factory LSA Goodyears (2015) were about 40% at 35k miles and had terrible traction in the rain. I installed Michelin Defenders and now have excellent traction and a quiet ride.

It’s literally the best highway tire you can buy with exceptional wet weather performance which is a major plus when driving a truck especially with your family.

Sent from above

4 hours ago, mike67naz said:

Any difference between Michelin Defender LTX M/S & regular LTX M/S2 other than price?

According to Michelin..."Our Best Just Got Better. The MICHELIN® Defender® LTX® M/S combines the proven tread design of the LTX® M/S2 with Evertread™ compound to provide durable tread life, no matter the season." and "Evertread™ compound helps the MICHELIN® Defender® LTX® M/S last 10% longer in severe conditions than the MICHELIN® LTX® M/S2."

Edited by NCPGMC