Silverado 1500 LD? Wrong Forum Admin. relocate please

So I am seeing more and more of these. Plain and simple they have "LD" on the lower right of the tailgate. Seems they all have Texas license plates. Anybody know anything about these? Leftover parts from the 2018s maybe?

Edited by Cheverado
in wrong forum should be in Silverado K2 forum

Basically, it's GM's way of keeping a lower priced truck available, while they roll out the new generation trucks, which at launch, did not get discounted heavily.  They are not just in Texas.

Edited by rkj__

I just bought one myself.  Basically a 2018 continuation truck.  Double cab only, 2wd and 4wd.  They are co-built between Ft.Wayne and Oshawa, with Oshawa doing the final assembly of the trucks.  On Chevy, its WT, Custom, LT and LT Z71 trims.  GMC its Base Sierra and SLE trims.  Nicely equipped too for the LT and LT Z71.  All standard with the 5.3, 3.42 gearing.  You can get AllStar package, Redline Edition, Texas Edition, Midnight Edition, and the new Z71 Sport Package, which is basically the Midnight Edition, but available on all colors.  Mine is a Z71 Sport. 

NEW!  Z71 Sport Package, includes (P3H) front and rear Black Bowtie, (REG) 18” 5-spoke Black painted alloy wheels, (RI8) 18” Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 265/65R18 SL 114S blackwall MT tires with aggressive tire tread, (UD7) Rear Park assist, Large Z71 Badge on Doors, Black Front Skid Plate, (RVS) 4" round Black tubular assist steps, LPO and (RIA) All-weather floor liner, LPO

GM originally referred to these as the "Silverado Legacy" and the "Sierra Limited," but the Silverado is now marketed as "Silverado LD," and the new truck is marketed as "Silverado 1500."

Edited by newdude