TURBOCHARGER

Checked it out, after adding on all of what I found I needed in the drop downs I was at $3,800. I guess thats not bad but all I ever priced was Superchargers and not Turbos. May also consider and LSA supercharger. Never heard of the web page, so I may need to do more research before forking over my moneys. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mikebtte said:

Checked it out, after adding on all of what I found I needed in the drop downs I was at $3,800. I guess thats not bad but all I ever priced was Superchargers and not Turbos. May also consider and LSA supercharger. Never heard of the web page, so I may need to do more research before forking over my moneys. 

Can't use a LSA supercharger on a GEV 5 motor.  You can do a LT4 supercharger swap but for about 4500 bucks.  Or you could do a SLP supercharger for about the same price I would just go this way for a complete kit if you want to supercharge it.

If you want a Turbo Huron Speed is have a group buy on Performancetrucks.net right now.  They don't have a 2014+ kit out yet but said they will have them in a few months.  I may jump on the group buy next year when the 2104+ kits are out.  With the group buy it almost as cheap as ON3 but much much better quality.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/forced-induction-159/huron-speed-2019-group-purchase-~-biggest-sale-year-~-554713/

19 hours ago, Mikebtte said:

LSA is a thing of the past with these LT motors. For a LS it's a good upgrade though

It seems the newer stuff on3 works with such as the new Mustangs, F150's, Silverado's, etc is better quality. The kits for the 99-06 trucks are garbage. Crossover is junk most of the time. Local tuner is running the on3 kit on his 2016 Silverado rcsb I believe and it moves pretty good

• Thanks 1

I think there is a small US company making billet adapter plates for LSA blowers to LT intakes. Don't quote me on that but I am 90% sure I read that somewhere in my internet travels. There is ALWAYS some custom work to a turbo kit, especially on the cheap. If you want a bolt on turbo kit with a quality turbo and piping, intercooler, whole nine yards your probably buying junk unless your kit costs $6k+. The only kit I knew about for these trucks was Armageddon turbo systems, but I am not sure if they are still in business or not. Your best route for easy bolt on power would be a Magnussen TVS blower designed for these trucks, or a Procharger P1SC kit. 

EDIT- Here are the billet adapters for the LSA blower: https://lsa-conversion-store.myshopify.com/products/1-lt1-adapter-plates

Edited by L86 All Terrain
  • Thanks 1

Maybe hit up the folks at Torque Storm. They seem to have a good build process, but they may be way beyond what your going for on the price. Comparably you get good power for the price.

TorqStorm Supercharger on an LS number

Torque Storm Web site

Torque Storm 2014 Revised Kit Coming SOON!

Edited by Mikebtte
WORDs!

6 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

I think there is a small US company making billet adapter plates for LSA blowers to LT intakes. Don't quote me on that but I am 90% sure I read that somewhere in my internet travels. There is ALWAYS some custom work to a turbo kit, especially on the cheap. If you want a bolt on turbo kit with a quality turbo and piping, intercooler, whole nine yards your probably buying junk unless your kit costs $6k+. The only kit I knew about for these trucks was Armageddon turbo systems, but I am not sure if they are still in business or not. Your best route for easy bolt on power would be a Magnussen TVS blower designed for these trucks, or a Procharger P1SC kit. 

EDIT- Here are the billet adapters for the LSA blower: https://lsa-conversion-store.myshopify.com/products/1-lt1-adapter-plates

That link is still for a LT4 supercharger for a 2014+ motor.  Not a LSA

If you want a really good turbo charger kit that is complete.  Trick turbo has the best one made for our trucks for around 4,500

12 hours ago, JONBLARC7 said:

That link is still for a LT4 supercharger for a 2014+ motor.  Not a LSA

If you want a really good turbo charger kit that is complete.  Trick turbo has the best one made for our trucks for around 4,500

I checked Trick Turbo page but I don't find a Trick Turbo kit for 2014 models :(

Edited by RN12CT

So you have a 2014 Silverado and a 95 Stepper in Italy? That is very cool. How did you facilitate that deal, there are no GM dealers in Italy are there? I am pretty interested to hear more. Do you have someone there you would trust doing the tuning on your truck, are there any LS experts over there? Either you need a dyno tuner, or you need to buy a turbo/supercharger kit that comes with a tune preloaded on a USB or something similar. 

4 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

So you have a 2014 Silverado and a 95 Stepper in Italy? That is very cool. How did you facilitate that deal, there are no GM dealers in Italy are there? I am pretty interested to hear more. Do you have someone there you would trust doing the tuning on your truck, are there any LS experts over there? Either you need a dyno tuner, or you need to buy a turbo/supercharger kit that comes with a tune preloaded on a USB or something similar. 

Thanks ! Yeah and the 95 is swapped with a 454 four bolt marine Big Block.

No there aren't GM dealers here but there are car importers like my friend Cuttica of Genova that import cars from USA, I have imported 4 cars with him since now. In Italy there are American cars not official dealers but they are damn expensive, importing by myself I pay the right price and I have a very big choice.

I trust a mechanic friend who built the 454 and made the swap on the 95, he have a garage just for American cars and he is a drag racing driver, he can install the turbo but I'm not sure about the dyno tuning, so I need a tune preloaded turbo/supercharger kit, I'm looking for the Trick Turbo one.