Have a 6L but looking to go to a Duramax

I have had quite a few half tons with 4.8s and 5.3s, and a few Avalanches that I enjoyed. Awhile ago I bought a 2007 GMC Classic body style with 225,000km on it and love the truck, it will pull anything but loveeess the fuel. Have quite a few things done to the truck and keep up with all my maintaining of it. I said before I bought this 6L that my next truck would be a Classic body style LBZ to keep for years to come, but friends and family members talked me into buying a 6L over the lower problems and maintaining cost of a diesel. But I think now is the time because they are getting harder to find in good shape and low km.

I have a VW Golf that I use to commute with and do all my running around, my truck is mostly for hauling 3-4 sleds in the winter, than haul our trailer which is 18ft, plus side by side, dirt bikes and such. We’re looking in the next year or so to buy quite a good size toy hauler to haul our side by side in and bikes. My 6L tows very nice but I’m getting sick of the mileage it gets empty little alone loaded, as well towing hills in 3rd gear reving very high.

Anyone have a 6L and go into a duramax what was your experience and thoughts, I don’t really need one at the moment but I do want an LBZ and I think it’s time to snatch a clean one up.

Thanks!