“Climate Control Off” message?

2 hours ago, tbarn said:

Assuming when the message is on the screen, and  the hvac system works, there is a software fix. Has been since March. The screen may not reflect your changes but does work.

GM bulletin PIT5663. If changing the settings does nothing then you may have a different issue.

Yes, my Hvac appears* to work, however the climate control off banner show up when any adjustments to the AC knobs or buttons used. Are you saying there is a software fix for this? I checked my settings and have no pending software updates......

On 6/22/2019 at 12:22 AM, Street Queen said:

Yes, my Hvac appears* to work, however the climate control off banner show up when any adjustments to the AC knobs or buttons used. Are you saying there is a software fix for this? I checked my settings and have no pending software updates......

Mine did it once so far. I shut climate control off (with the physical button), shut off the truck, opened then closed the door, started the truck, and it has been working normal since.

Update: It's been 5 days since it last happened. So far so good.

Edited by HondaHawkGT

Had a CEL come on yesterday so dropped the truck off today to get that checked out, also mentioned the climate control off message even though it seems like they are aware of it and won't do anything about it according to the service bulletin someone posted earlier. We'll see. This is the 3rd time I've brought it in for CEL errors since January. Frustrating.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...