Custom Trailboss click sound cold idle

When I first start the engine 5.3 from sitting overnight or after work. It idles at 1100 rpms and about every second I hear a very light click like after a full revolution of the belt ,as the idle drops down to 500 rpms it does not do this anymore.I have 1600 miles on it been doing this from the beginning.It is not a tap or a knock,definitely a click sound like something rotating and coming around then CLICK CLICK CLICK until rpms bottom out at 500.Parked next to another car or wall you can hear this,and it only does this on a warm up.  Anyone else notice this? or Is my 5.3 the only one.? Has not gotten any worse and I do not want to bring  it in to dealer,unless it gets worse.I am hoping it is normal.

Keith

Edited by K455

48 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

You have a brand new truck.

Take it to the dealer and see if there is a problem.

Because I want to keep it away from the dealership if I can help it,Don't care about the free oil changes either trust myself. Now this sound does not sound major and I can just about guarantee you the reply from the dealer will be" normal or some lame excuse" So instead of wasting my time waiting for my pick-up for a week and no solution. I would ask here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lebag335 said:

Some others have posted about this elsewhere and I think the consensus is it's the exhaust making the sound and is normal.. 

Hey thanks for the comeback lebag335 I will search.:D

Just now, Sierra Dan said:

If that is the typical response from your dealer, try taking it to another.

Not all dealers are created equal, but I understand your point. :thumbs:

I just have that feeling the dealer will find nothing wrong,that is how this click sound is .:D

1 hour ago, SilveradoLegend said:

My 2018 did it and my 2019 does it, it doesn't speed up with RPMs so I assume its normal

Just does this warming up correct from a dead cold start?

22 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

What about getting a video of the noise?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I tried in my driveway,but it is a open area couldn't pick the sound up.