GREAT news! DFM disable coming soon

One thing I have noticed was coming up to roundabouts here and slowing down the. Hitting the gas there used to be a slight delay and even a “bump” with the truck. Today I noticed no delay and it was smoother. A definite improvement [emoji2]

Ryan B.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 2:21 PM, Car Dude said:

Not that fuel mileage is a deal breaker but I am curious on how much mileage is effected with dfm turned off

With my 6.2 I went from 20-21 driving to work same path every day to 14-16 same path.  Since I was told they had to do more R&R on the 6.2 with the problems we was having I just took it out. Now I am back to a solid 20-21 everyday

On 5/9/2020 at 12:48 PM, RyanbabZ71 said:

So what issues have people had with the 19 speed. Got mine yesterday drove 15 miles or so. Seems ok? Auto start stop is disabled. No issues that I noticed but not due if DFM is turned off.

Ryan B.

Mine seemed fine at first but I finally had to take it off. (They also sent me a few of them so see if different ones made a difference.) My fuel milage went way down, trans shifted weird like it was getting confused coming to a stop and taking off.  Trans started shifting hard.  Trans flared into 7th through 10th gear and at times would take alittle for it to shift into 10th and hang up.  Unplug the range and everything goes right back to normal. 

And also to add after I unplugged the test unit I ran it for a few  days to see what my fuel did and it and when it went back to normal I plugged the auto stop disabler I got first back in and my fuel milage went from 20-21 down to a solid 18mpg.  I ran it for a few days and with out a few days and  it stayed the same going to 18 when it was plugged in.  I dont know what it would change to effect the fuel milage with just the auto stop unit?  They could not explain it either. 

5 hours ago, Mudcon said:

With my 6.2 I went from 20-21 driving to work same path every day to 14-16 same path.  Since I was told they had to do more R&R on the 6.2 with the problems we was having I just took it out. Now I am back to a solid 20-21 everyday

Wow thats pretty dramatic. I figured a mpg or 2 but 5 is a lot. Hopefully they get it sorted out.

Installed this morning before the drive to work.  Didn’t expect to notice the difference as much as I did.  Felt like the best part of the truck the entire ride. No stutters, no lag, instant throttle response. AND.....no ASS at every stop... Today happened to be the OnStar report day too. It came through without issue.  So far I would say this is the best investment I’ve made for this truck.  Ready to put some miles on it over the holiday. 
2019 Trail Boss LT 5.3 8sp

5 minutes ago, TSchevy said:

Installed this morning before the drive to work.  Didn’t expect to notice the difference as much as I did.  Felt like the best part of the truck the entire ride. No stutters, no lag, instant throttle response. AND.....no ASS at every stop... Today happened to be the OnStar report day too. It came through without issue.  So far I would say this is the best investment I’ve made for this truck.  Ready to put some miles on it over the holiday. 
2019 Trail Boss LT 5.3 8sp

Agreed.  You probably wouldn't miss it if you never had it kind of thing.  Big difference for me also!

I have never seen the kind of mileage everyone talks about. My best was 19 but it is usually 16-18 so now I am debating getting one of these now. I can't handle that kind of mileage loss

I've gone through 8 tanks of fuel since I've had my truck.  I was averaging 19.4 with DFM, and in the 3 tanks since I've had my Range, I'm averaging 20.1.  That's all hand calculated, and my driving mix is fairly constant.  My first tank I noticed a drop of about 1 mpg, but has since gone up.(shrugs) Some more time will tell.

• Like 2

I don't know how you guys are getting such good mileage. I don't drive wicked fast or anything nor do I accelerate hard and I only manage 14-15mpg on the highway and 17-18 around town. 2020 Sierra 1500 5.3 w/ 10 speed, about 2800 miles so far. My 2015 Silverado with the 5.3 and 6 speed for about 15-16mpg average without the Range, and bumped up to 17-18mpg with the Range. Maybe it's because you guys are driving in flat areas and I'm driving almost exclusively up and down hills here in New England?

• Like 1

That could be; I’m in Houston and it’s flat as a board. I also coast and time lights when I can. I’m not trying to save gas, it’s just how I drive. However, driving up and down hills shouldn’t matter to much since your going down as much as you usually go up. Altitude definitely matters.

I'm debating this for my 2019 6.2 / 10 speed since I have read nothing good about DFM. Wonder if I can use this with my auto stop eliminator? I dread having to take the dash apart again to take it out. 

9 hours ago, curly said:

I'm debating this for my 2019 6.2 / 10 speed since I have read nothing good about DFM. Wonder if I can use this with my auto stop eliminator? I dread having to take the dash apart again to take it out. 

All I can tell you  is I decided to not take the auto stop eliminator off of my 2019 5.3 9 speed and no smoke or flashing lights. My truck became much smother and shifts smother. So if I  unplug the range I think the auto stop eliminator will work as normal. Cant check that for you at the moment. Back surgery.

Read the earlier post concerning personal experiences with the range and 6.2/10 speed