silverado2k18

2018 Silverado Clicking Gas Pedal

Hello everyone.  I have a 2018 Silverado Custom Crew Cab.  Starting last fall, at random times, when lightly pressing the gas pedal, or taking your foot off it, lightly, the gas pedal makes a clicking sound, like plastic on plastic sound.  i sent the dealer a video clip of it, and they told me it was a defect in the pedal so it was replaced.  It started happening again, and I am ready to send him another video clip, to have it replaced at my next oil change.  Some days, it does it more than others.  Has anyone else had this experience?  What have been your end results?  Thanks for your help. 

If this is what I think it is it’s probably time for the ol’ paint stick trick. There’s quite a few discussions on it. Below is one for example. My 2018 was doing the same thing where I could feel the pedal clicking or flexing at the bottom of my feet. I thought it was the tread of my shoes getting caught on the pedal in a weird way. Nope! The paint stick was the cure for me.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/167606-gas-pedal-flex-solution/

hi.  i've thought about that, and will certainly give it a shot.  i dont seem to feel any lag, just seems to click, at certain times. 

thank you.

Link above didn't seem to be working on my computer, so I posted below.  Hope this helps.

Edited by Foghorn17
  • Like 1

Simply return to the dealer and have it repaired again.  It is not terribly uncommon to have another faulty part as a replacement on an item being repaired.    No need to overthink this or to start with DIY alterations.  

I had the same issue.....paint stick trick didn't help.  Dealer ultimately replaced the bracket.  

19 hours ago, parthery said:

I had the same issue.....paint stick trick didn't help.  Dealer ultimately replaced the bracket.  

do you happen to know the part # of the bracket that was replaced?  did they also do the pedal assembly?

thanks