Swapping out Rancho for adjustable shocks for smooth ride in the city and stiffer when hauling

Hi there. Happy owner of a 2018 Silverado 2500 HD lt z71 crew cab 6.0l  Vortec 

Rancho shocks came with  the Z71 package on the truck I own, and I've heard that the same model truck without the Z71 package rides MUCH better.  I use the 4wd in deep snow/ice as well as in high Sierra mountain ranges so I do appreciate a stiffer suspension for navigating ruts and ditches, but living in the city with all it's potholes as well as that my lady is disabled and needs a softer ride while riding in the truck. I am wondering if there is a way to make my truck ride softer? 

I am curious to know if adjustable shocks would make my truck ride nice and forgiving when my lady is my passenger and something I can adjust when I need the stiffness to haul for work and for the  truck camper. Maybe a set of Sulastic Springs? Fox shocks 2.0 smooth body adjustable shocks ?

Will I have to replace the springs or leaf springs as well? I am looking for the easiest way to remedy this issue. Maybe just use the stock shocks that come with the truck without the Z71 package?  Air bags? I don't know, thats why I am asking all of you.  I am willing to spend around $2500 if need be. I have read that Filthy Motorsports does a great job custom tuning suspensions. Will I have to order a kit and have my mechanic install everything? I am mechanically able but don't have the space or all the right tools for the job.

My lady and I use the truck together when we camp, road trip and adventure but the stiff bouncy ride is making our adventures less frequent.  I use it as my daily driver.

I would appreciate some straight forward helpful feedback.

Will replacing my shocks void any warranties? 

and please don't feel the need to blast this post with comments like ;

" why'd you buy a truck"

"it's a truck"

"get her a Lexus" 

Thank you 

IMG_0572.JPG

Lower your tire pressure to 50-55psi when not towing. Swap out the shocks for something better. Add sulastic shackles in the rear. That's about as good as you're going to get on a 2500HD without spending a bunch of money on a whole new suspension.  

I just put Bilstein 5100 on the rear of my 2017. Only 14300 miles on the truck and the drivers side shock did not have any extension power. Even my 12 year old son noticed the truck rides smoother. I do tow a TT with it in summer time so will be interested in if that is different. Have to order the front.

I noticed some rear end skip when hitting the great NY pot holes on a turn. I don't off road , but have a remote property in PA with a long dirt driveway.

Definitely an improvement.