Done waiting for Eibach... what now?

So I ordered my eibach pro truck lift kit over a month ago and after them continuously moving my shipping date back, finally today they tell me the springs are back ordered and they aren’t expecting them in until the middle of June. I’m done waiting so now it’s back to the drawing board.

I have 33” tires I want to put on my truck so I need to do at least a level kit but was kind of hoping to get around 3-4” of lift. More importantly I want to get rid of these trash ass bouncy ranchos and would like to do coilovers but it’s not a must.

I’m wanting to stay close to the price of the eibach but if I have to spend a bit more it’s not the end of the world. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Codey Dowling said:

So I ordered my eibach pro truck lift kit over a month ago and after them continuously moving my shipping date back, finally today they tell me the springs are back ordered and they aren’t expecting them in until the middle of June. I’m done waiting so now it’s back to the drawing board.

I have 33” tires I want to put on my truck so I need to do at least a level kit but was kind of hoping to get around 3-4” of lift. More importantly I want to get rid of these trash ass bouncy ranchos and would like to do coilovers but it’s not a must.

I’m wanting to stay close to the price of the eibach but if I have to spend a bit more it’s not the end of the world. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

I have a set with about a thousand miles on them already assembled I'd sell the set for $450 + shipping.  You'd have to pay the shipping and it's a 70LB box from Zip 30102.  It would probably end up close to the order price and less than what it would cost to have them broken down and reassembled.  The Eibach is on the left, and in the middle. 

20190321_104703.jpg

20190320_192048.jpg

I have a set with about a thousand miles on them already assembled I'd sell the set for $450 + shipping.  You'd have to pay the shipping and it's a 70LB box from Zip 30102.  It would probably end up close to the order price and less than what it would cost to have them broken down and reassembled.  The Eibach is on the left, and in the middle. 

Awesome I will definitely consider this. At this moment I’m just seeing what else is out there because if they are having this hard a time getting my initial order to me I don’t want to know what it’s going to be like if I have an issue down the road.
How do you like that halo lift? What’s your max ride height?

I like the Halo Lift.  I'm not going to say it's like riding on cloud but it's definitely improved.  I'm sitting at 3" overall with the coilover set at 2", and two shims under that they provide to give it one more inch.  Plus I have a Zone 1.5" Body Lift.  I will say the ride with the Eibach kit was very stiff when I first installed it and toward the end it started becoming softer.  Of course I'd already ordered my Halo Lift so at that point I was committed to it.  The Eibach spring rate is 828# which is 10% higher than stock which puts the stock spring at around 745#.  The Halo Lift is an Eibach spring also but the spring rate is only 700#.  I'm not a suspension expert but I think  when you start cranking down a coilover, you effectively change the spring rate or stored energy.  

The Pro Truck Lift spring is taller than the OEM spring and much beefier.  

• 2 weeks later...

Ohman... I called yesterday the 23rd they told me mid May, seems you and I order about the same date problem is they’re telling you mid June ...hmmmmmmm?....it was weird the guy told me “you can still cancel if you want”....?

Ohman... I called yesterday the 23rd they told me mid May, seems you and I order about the same date problem is they’re telling you mid June ...hmmmmmmm[emoji17]....it was weird the guy told me “you can still cancel if you want”....[emoji2955]

Ya I ordered from JEGS so it may be different if you ordered direct from eibach. The fact that it took them that long to get my original purchase to me made me a bit reluctant. What if something happens down the road and I need replacement parts? Am I gonna be forced to park my truck for two months while I wait on back ordered parts? Too much head ache for me, hard pass!
Additionally I spoke with my local off-road shop and they said that they have had folks that ran into issues with the springs collapsing.... so ya I moved on!
I ended up just throwing some bilstein 5100 front struts and rear shocks on there and leveled it out. Super happy with the result!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Codey Dowling said:

Ya I ordered from JEGS so it may be different if you ordered direct from eibach. The fact that it took them that long to get my original purchase to me made me a bit reluctant. What if something happens down the road and I need replacement parts? Am I gonna be forced to park my truck for two months while I wait on back ordered parts? Too much head ache for me, hard pass!
Additionally I spoke with my local off-road shop and they said that they have had folks that ran into issues with the springs collapsing.... so ya I moved on!
I ended up just throwing some bilstein 5100 front struts and rear shocks on there and leveled it out. Super happy with the result!

Got a side picture?...thnx for the info, might due the same then....really wanted that extra 1/2 inch or so from the eibach over the bilstein

Got a side picture?...thnx for the info, might due the same then....really wanted that extra 1/2 inch or so from the eibach over the bilstein

e35a8d0dd3169fab72a348382d350d37.jpg

I’m on a slight incline in my driveway but I’m within 1/2 inch of being perfectly level.

I’ll see if I can get a better picture tomorrow.

Btw I’m running 33x12.5xR18 nitto ridge grappler with zero rubbing.

• Like 1

I had to take the sawzall to the front frame a little bit to fit the front bumper for the Zone 1.5” body lift...but love it.

Tech note not in instructions...disconnect ground wire on drivers side of firewall from block. You will see it. You will need to extend it with the metal bracket in the kit. Maybe it was in the instructions...by that point I was past a 6 pack.

Got a some better pictures today after a fresh bath!!
332fe7554bace5a6d0894eeefc5e37fd.jpg1c4f89cffd1432ea754cdadb59911760.jpg9c386de7c75f9d0335f127effd6938d1.jpg

• Like 1