My 2019 GMC DENALI 1500 is a piece of junk.

9 hours ago, 1997SierraSLT said:

Good for him!  At least he and his family will have a higher survival rate now and feel much safer in their Ford knowing they no longer have to constantly worry about unexpected loss of power steering, unexpected loss of braking, and unexpected oil line rupture resulting in total engine failure.  

Sudden loss of braking? You mean like this?

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/861778-brake-failures-prompt-consumer-outrage-and-a-ford-f-150-brake-class-action-lawsuit/

In the case of GM's loss of brakes, the brakes still worked, they just didn't have power boosted brakes. The person typically had an early warning since the vacuum pump usually makes horrific noises as it began to fail. When F-150's were suddenly losing the brakes, it's because the master cylinder seals fail and the vacuum pump sucked all the brake fluid out of the system without warning. The person goes to use the brakes and the brake pedal would drop to the floor and they would roll into a busy intersection. Even after incidences of this failure and federal investigations performed, Ford continued using the exact same vac pump and master cylinder for years after. The problem continued to occur. It still occurs today.

The GM power steering issue wasn't serious. It only occurred at extremely low speeds ("parking lot speeds"). Even in instances where electronic assist is disabled, the steering still works. It's an issue that has affected Ford's electric steering (EPAS) too. And how many oil line leaks have we seen this far? 4 or 5? Out of hundreds of thousands of trucks. Wow major situation. 

Edited by HondaHawkGT
  • Like 2

To bad, Raptors were not involved in that recall!!!  Drive it a couple years, sale it for nearly what you paid for it. GM and Dodge, 30 percent drop leaving the lot. If u going to bash someone, better get your facts straight. You look like a total idiot. 

2 hours ago, Chevy sad said:

To bad, Raptors were not involved in that recall!!!  Drive it a couple years, sale it for nearly what you paid for it. GM and Dodge, 30 percent drop leaving the lot. If u going to bash someone, better get your facts straight. You look like a total idiot. 

What facts am I missing? I didn't even post a link to a recall. I posted a link to an ongoing class action lawsuit against Ford for sudden loss of brakes. Ford is still using a defecting brake system where the seals in the master cylinder fail, the vacuum pump sucks brake fluid out of the system, and the brake pedal goes to the floor without stopping or slowing the truck. It affects all F-150's with a turbocharged engine. That would include a Raptor with the 3.5 Ecoboost. Even non-turbocharged F150s sold in recent years have had master cylinder failures.

https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2018/ford-f-150-master-cylinder-problems-lawsuit.shtml

By David A. Wood
, CarComplaints.com

Posted in News

Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Problems Cause Huge Lawsuit

September 18, 2018 — Ford F-150 master cylinder problems have caused a proposed class-action lawsuit that alleges the trucks suddenly lose their brakes because the Hitachi master cylinders have piston cup seals that allow brake fluid to leak.

The lawsuit includes owners and lessees of 2013-2018 Ford F-150 trucks that allegedly have front brake circuits that can suddenly fail.

According to the plaintiffs, the front brakes are responsible for 75 percent of the truck's braking force and without the front brakes the trucks can fail to stop, or in some cases even slow down.

Drivers of the 2013-2018 Ford F-150 trucks report rolling through stop signs and red lights and watching as their trucks roll into objects because the master cylinders lose their brake fluid.

All 2013-2018 Ford F-150s use master cylinders supplied by Hitachi, with the pistons fitted with just a single cup seal responsible for containing pressurized brake fluid. The lawsuit alleges this is unusual because pistons within master cylinders are usually fitted with two cup seals to ensure that fluid does not leak out of the master cylinders.

The Hitachi master cylinders allegedly place twice the sealing loads on its single piston cup seals. But the plaintiffs also claim the design relocates the usual placement of the cup seal from the piston to the master cylinder’s bore where the single cup seal rests in a groove machined into the bore of the master cylinder.

Edited by HondaHawkGT

12 hours ago, Chevy sad said:

I didn’t even lose 30% on my Sierra in 2.5 years and 25k miles, let alone off the lot. You’d have to be a “total idiot” to lose that kind of money on any full sized truck, even a ferd.

Also, hate to break it to you, but 2nd gen Raptor prices are already starting to return to earth, and will really sink like a stone when the V8 one comes out, and/ or when you get any kind of miles on it...nobody wants the time bomb. Wonder what was going on below with Car & Driver’s tester?

“In May 2017, just after completing its 1000-mile break-in period, our Raptor vaporized the 60-mph mark in 5.5 seconds and bulldozed its way through the quarter-mile in 14.2 seconds at 97 mph. By June 2018, some 39,000 miles later, it added 0.5 second to both milestones and lost 4 mph from its trap speed. In the wrap-up test, the truck needed an additional 2.5 seconds to reach 100 mph.”

I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about...:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

2013-14 models. Hey I owned one of those. Limp home mode was common! That was a pile of sh... that’s when I bought the first Raptor. 

You did not mention the vibration issue of the last generation of GM trucks. Tell both sides! The truth is, all brands have had issues. Never again will I buy a new model year. I did it in 2013 and again in 19. Both were total failures and both are junk. 

On 5/19/2019 at 8:10 PM, Chevy sad said:

2013-14 models. Hey I owned one of those. Limp home mode was common! That was a pile of sh... that’s when I bought the first Raptor. 

You did not mention the vibration issue of the last generation of GM trucks. Tell both sides! The truth is, all brands have had issues. Never again will I buy a new model year. I did it in 2013 and again in 19. Both were total failures and both are junk. 

How do you think buying a 2020 GM would help? They're literally changing nothing, apart from adding some tech options and giving owners the choice of getting the A10 on some of the trucks on which it was previously unavailable. 

I have stated clear back in February that they have a mild short or power on the negative side causing many of the electronic issues. It is the small changes you can’t see that will someday make it a great truck. Like better programming, brake modules, sensor location etc. I stood back and looked at clear design flaws and realized that the interior was designed by geeks who never drive a truck. Consider, the 4x4 buttons, try hitting 4 high going down a bumpy road or finding the stupid windshield washer button after a splash. But it sure is easy to turn the auto head lamp feature on and off using the button on the end of the switch. They need swapped. Little stupid things like these made me realize GM has total rookie engineering and it will take time. I think the mechanical issues will be solved. That side of The Silverado is nice. My 6.2 and 10 speed was nice. 

Airlines went through this several decades ago. You can’t have a plane in limp home mode. They all have back up systems and strict procedures and all use Reliability Centered Maintenance. Boeing is a good example of what happens when all this electronic stuff is not engineered correctly. 

Buying a new model vehicle you are signing up to be a test pilot.

Simple.

Now some problems are poor quality parts, assembly or design.

:)

I'm 6 weeks into my 6.2 Silverado. LTZ with Max Tow. Crew cab. So far its a dream. Its funner to drive than any other previous Chevy Trucks. 

I had the 6.2 before and 6.0 before that. 5.3's before that. I still cant wait to drive it. Hell, I have already left and came back 3 times today! I know its all about longevity and quality. I wont know if it matches all the excellent ones I have had before for a long time,  but I sure hope it does.  

I wish it sounded a little tougher and sat a little higher. I' getting to the age where I dont feel like modifying them anymore so I probably wont change a thing.  I'll tell you one thing. It is one sneaky quiet ZIPPY sonofabitch!!!!! Those that underestimate it in traffic are destined to ride BEHIND it. 

Edited by Minnvmax

On 5/18/2019 at 5:14 AM, HondaHawkGT said:

That's pretty insane. It's been a MONTH now. That makes zero sense.

trust and believe,  they have me in a certified crapcan ( GMC TERRAIN SLE ). My daughter says i hope this won't be her car ,  i face palmed myself and said surprise  ..... lol . The usb  plugs doesn't work i have seen 20 year hyundai's with better features

• Haha 1