Fumoto Valve

It's fairly easy to remove the one plug with a socket. My class 8 trucks and diesel machines all have them. I cant tell you how many guys have been servicing and forgot to close it after draining then poured a $100 pail of oil through the motor and onto the shop floor before noticing :mad:. So, based on my experience with them I have mixed reviews. I don't have to climb under the class 8's to open it which is why they are installed, but you would have to on our pickups as you have to get under there to do the oil filter or open the valve anyway. The ones on our trucks are a screw type, I have to thread in a fitting attached to a drain hose to open it, it is impossible for it to be opened by a stick or something off road. Those kind of look like they may have the potential to be opened inadvertently?

2 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

It's fairly easy to remove the one plug with a socket. My class 8 trucks and diesel machines all have them. I cant tell you how many guys have been servicing and forgot to close it after draining then poured a $100 pail of oil through the motor and onto the shop floor before noticing :mad:. So, based on my experience with them I have mixed reviews. I don't have to climb under the class 8's to open it which is why they are installed, but you would have to on our pickups as you have to get under there to do the oil filter or open the valve anyway. The ones on our trucks are a screw type, I have to thread in a fitting attached to a drain hose to open it, it is impossible for it to be opened by a stick or something off road. Those kind of look like they may have the potential to be opened inadvertently?

I put one on my truck & love it. So much less mess when changing oil. I have to change oil in my driveway with no hoist. With the drain bolt, I always ended up with a mess no matter what I did. With the fumoto valve, I run a hose into a 10 liter jug & get no mess at all. 
If a guy is going to forget to close a Fumoto valve, he'll also forget to re-install and or tighten a drain bolt. It makes no difference. At least with the fumoto valve you can shut it off in a second. 
It's also nice for drawing an oil sample when you want.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

Those kind of look like they may have the potential to be opened inadvertently?

I had that same design Fumoto Valve on my 4Runner and I put that truck through pure Hell offroad- I  mean EVERYTHING.

Never had an issue with it, but I guess anything could be possible really.  I loved it though.  Made oil changes very clean and easy.

• 1 month later...
Anyone installed one on a 6.2 (2019 or is it the same as previous years)?
I installed th F107s on my 6.2. And the extension ADP 107 is not needed.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 4/17/2019 at 5:50 PM, bcato said:

Anyone installed one on a 6.2 (2019 or is it the same as previous years)?

I have one one my 2019 6.2.  It's the same 107 used on the 5.3.  I use the F107N and attach a 12 inch piece of clear vinyl tubing.  I've been using the Fumoto for decades on every vehicle I own and I've never once had an issue with any of them.

I have run them for years also - great product. Mine went on a couple of months ago. They do slow the oil change drain time, but the convenience is worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, UGADawgs said:

If you wanna save a couple bucks...

Now through November 29, get 15% off all Fumoto Valves, adapters, and accessories plus free shipping on orders over $25 with promo code THANKS19 at fumotooildrainvalve.com.

Cannot get the code to work.

Thanks