On 6/18/2019 at 7:44 AM, TripleBGM said:

I tried that, nothing.  I took it to the dealer, they had to order a new SD card reader.  Hopefully that does the trick.

The dealer replaced the SD card reader today, it seems to work fine now.  We'll see if it last.....

• 1 month later...

I know this topic is a month old, but my AT4 that I've had a week did the "no navigation/SD Card Remove"thing tonight.  It was working and then stopped in route.  On the way back, after the truck being off for maybe 5 minutes it worked fine.  Hopefully, this issue doesn't continue.  Everything else has been great, including the navigation when it works.  

I was wondering if anyone else is still having this issue or if they have fixed the problem for the most part.

Edited by Todd Ryburn

Well it happened again, the navigation wouldn't work, with the message that the SD card had been removed.  Also as someone else mentioned the USB ports (all four in front) stopped working.  This all occurred on start up this time, last time it was while I was driving.  

I drove down the block and back and turned the truck off.  Waited a minute and turned it back on and everything, navigation and usb worked fine.  I'll call the dealer on Monday and see what they say.  Hopefully this isn't one of those things that is hard to trace.  With the USB charges not working, it appears to be more serious than just the SD card needing to be replaced.  

• 2 weeks later...

My AT4 is doing the same thing with the card error but I have also noticed that the entire media unit is inoperable. The USB ports and aux jacks are not working either. The entire media port is defective. Need to contact the dealer to fix I only have 400 miles on it! 

• 3 months later...
On 5/17/2019 at 8:24 AM, TBL569 said:

Brought mine in for this issue about two months ago.  In the end, the dealer replaced the card, card reader, whole radio unit, and the USB/USB-c plug under the radio.  They managed to finally fix it but it took two weeks for ordering various parts and stuff.  Just for fun I asked what they do if all this didn't work.  They said they still had one more option which would be to put in a new wiring harness.  Luckily, they didn't have to do that.... yet.  No problems now for two weeks now.

Been having this issue still wondering if your problem has been completely fixed???? Or if you still have trouble with yours? 

3 hours ago, AndrewSmith21 said:

Been having this issue still wondering if your problem has been completely fixed???? Or if you still have trouble with yours? 

Ever since they replaced that usb-c plug under the radio it has work fine ever since.  I believe there should be a tsb on it.  Time to schedule your appointment!

Just had this happen to me when i turned the truck on today to go to work. 

I reseated the SD card. Nothing. 

Stopped on the side of the road and turned off the truck for 30 seconds. Nothing still. 

I got to work and went back out 30 minutes later. It restarted the truck and it booted up. Although it took about 3 times as long to do so but it did it. 

We will see how it continues going forward. 

10 hours ago, HONDABBQ said:

Just had this happen to me when i turned the truck on today to go to work. 

I reseated the SD card. Nothing. 

Stopped on the side of the road and turned off the truck for 30 seconds. Nothing still. 

I got to work and went back out 30 minutes later. It restarted the truck and it booted up. Although it took about 3 times as long to do so but it did it. 

We will see how it continues going forward. 

I would call Chevy and complain everyone needs too! They don't take it serious enough. They replaced the charging cord today and it did it again after it was turned off for a few minutes. 

• 3 weeks later...

Very strange the fix for mine was to pull the SD card and slide the side tab to the UNLOCKED position. Previous posters said it should be in the LOCKED position? Only had the truck a few days so not sure if it is really fixed or not...........  

Same thing on my 2019 with 800 miles on it. GMC needs some quality controls at the plant. Now I remember why I have been driving Lexus for ten years -never a problem. 

dealer said that they will order a new card reader but don’t think that’s the problem. I guess I don’t have nav in my $70k vehicle why they try to figure out what their problem is. 

**update: flipped the switch on the card and now it works. Not going to tell the dealer just in case but Nav is working again now

Edited by Rich MN
Update

Same thing on my 2019 with 800 miles on it. GMC needs some quality controls at the plant. Now I remember why I have been driving Lexus for ten years -never a problem. 

dealer said that they will order a new card reader but don’t think that’s the problem. I guess I don’t have nav in my $70k vehicle why they try to figure out what their problem is. 

**update: flipped the switch on the card and now it works. Not going to tell the dealer just in case but Nav is working again now

Did you lock or unlock the card?

On 5/16/2019 at 3:28 PM, Opiedeegs said:

I’m getting the error message every day now I’ll have to bring it into the dealer
Both usb ports nothing also aux nothing
The hole module is shot or unplugged,loose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine has been at shop for three days, 500 miles. Dealer is supposedly replacing reader. Not happy