19 GM Rust Stains - Spray In Bed Liner

Sorry I don't have a picture since my truck is still in shop for rear window leak.

I noticed the four corners of my bed had all these rust spots. Enough that you could see them from 10 feet away.

I hit it with the scrub brush and pressure washer but they don't come off.

It almost seems like when the bed liner was curing some metal shavings or something metal got into the surface of the bed liner, then proceeded to rust.

The dealer tried some rail dust explanation but that is not it.

I looked at 10 other trucks and none of them had it. My truck had the hard tonneau so I am thinking maybe the metal fillings from all the screw holes sat in the bed and rust stained the liner.

Anyone else have this issue?

Ill get a pick if I ever get my truck back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I had the hard tonneau installed on my truck before I picked it up as it was a dealer installed option.  They do have to drill to install the top rails with screws.  They did clean the bed out before delivery, but I did find some metal and plastic filings from the drilling in the bed.  Not many, but a few and they took a bit to sweep out due to the bed texture.  It seems a very plausible explanation.

That's the downside of rubberized spray-on bedliners. The dust tends to cling to the surface.

https://itstillruns.com/clean-linex-bed-liner-5889907.html

This link suggests using CLR to remove rust stains. I would just be cautious with how much you use and also do a small test patch to make sure the CLR doesn't discolor or damage the rubberized coating.