How much will prices drop?

Some of you guys make me laugh. You act like you just woke up and your K2 was replaced with a T1 in your driveway. Forget test drives, does anyone even look at a truck before buying it?!?

We can argue all day about what GM should and shouldn’t include for a set amount for money but at the end of the day, if the truck doesn’t have what you want, pay up for the nicer trim or buy a different brand. 10 minutes of Google will tell you what comes with what, and for what cost. Buying a truck you don’t like benefits no one but GM, and perpetuates any perceived shortcomings in features.

Also, we have to acknowledge that the 2020 HD interior is identical to the 19 half tons, so those expecting dramatic changes may be let down. The same company that people complain about being a cheapskate (sometimes rightfully so) isn’t going to suddenly turn tail and spend millions doing an interior gut job on a 1 year old model to appease a few people. 

Edited by OnTheReel
  • Like 2

Not looking for a full redesign

Just some everyday options that 15k kia soul has

My 15 Silverado

Adj pedals

Electric child locks

Door panels with compartments my kids could reach in a car seat.

Adjustable seat belt heights

How about this? A sunglass holder overhead.

Fog lights included with z71 option

How about a pause, rewind and fast forward for Sirius radio

And lets not forget I get alerts on the radio for text that I can listen to.

All of this removed from the 19.

Radio pause/rewind/FF has been gone since 2016 when they added CarPlay / Android. There is a tray on the top of the dash for sun glasses. Mine never fit in the overhead console of my 2016 anyway. The other things I agree with but as with anything, did they add more than they took away? I think so.

4 hours ago, econometrics said:

I do wonder how Q1 sales will look for GM. I just have not seen many T1s on the road around DFW, which is wild. And as someone mentioned above, the local Chevy deal here (Classic Chevy) still has 139 2018 K2s on their lot. When the 2019's came out, they had them all lined up along the highway at the front of the lot. Now, all the 2018's are lined up there. 

I'm seeing a LOT of K2s on the highway lately, which is likely due to them being $10-$12k off MSRP right now, as dealers try to clear them. 

All that to say, I don't think GM had a great Q1 with the T1 trucks. Especially the Silverados. My guesstimate is anecdotal, FYI. 

Agreed. Up here in NY state, a little over an hour north of NYC, there is an endless stream of K2s on the road, both Chevy and GMC, but I’ve still yet to see a new Sierra on the road, other than mine. I see the occasional T1 Silverado, but they’re pretty rare too.

When I picked mine up a couple weeks ago I asked the salesman if he’d sold many 2019s. He tried to put a positive spin on it, but his response was basically “I’ve sold a couple.” It was few enough that he mentioned a couple of specific sales. Fine by me, I don’t mind at all having a unique vehicle for awhile, but it can’t be great news for GM.

On 4/18/2019 at 6:54 PM, relevante said:

Agreed. Up here in NY state, a little over an hour north of NYC, there is an endless stream of K2s on the road, both Chevy and GMC, but I’ve still yet to see a new Sierra on the road, other than mine. I see the occasional T1 Silverado, but they’re pretty rare too.

When I picked mine up a couple weeks ago I asked the salesman if he’d sold many 2019s. He tried to put a positive spin on it, but his response was basically “I’ve sold a couple.” It was few enough that he mentioned a couple of specific sales. Fine by me, I don’t mind at all having a unique vehicle for awhile, but it can’t be great news for GM.

It shouldn't even be news for GM. When they revealed the 2019 Silverado, the GM management on stage said that the feedback they got from customers was that they wanted more choice so that they could get the truck that's right for them. Where's the choice? Where's the configurability? They're still lumping those choices into just a few overpriced packages. An LT Trail Boss should not be a $50k+ truck and it shouldn't be limited to just 3.23's. It's infuriating that they force 3.23's on the off-road trucks and only allow 3.42's on max tow packages. 

GM should have expected the reception they're getting so far. They need a real truck guy running the truck division. Somebody that understands that GM's version of "choice" is not what truck buyers want. 

Edited by HondaHawkGT
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HondaHawkGT said:

It shouldn't even be news for GM. When they revealed the 2019 Silverado, the GM management on stage said that the feedback they got from customers was that they wanted more choice so that they could get the truck that's right for them. Where's the choice? Where's the configurability? They're still lumping those choices into just a few overpriced packages. An LT Trail Boss should not be a $50k+ truck and it shouldn't be limited to just 3.23's. It's infuriating that they force 3.23's on the off-road trucks and only allow 3.42's on max tow packages. 

GM should have expected the reception they're getting so far. They need a real truck guy running the truck division. Somebody that understands that GM's version of "choice" is not what truck buyers want. 

Yeah it is odd. I definitely wanted leather and I definitely wanted the front bench because I’ve got young kids. This pretty much pinned me down to a small handful of combinations, and locked me out of a lot of expensive interior options. Stuff that’s totally unrelated like the moonroof. I love the truck and am mostly glad that it forced me to save $10k on a bunch of stuff I don’t really need, but they definitely left a lot of cash sitting on the table.

Although my basic config probably is a rare enough list of wants that they’re not losing any sleep over it. I factory ordered, but there was only one in the entire US matching my list (basically the above plus CCSB, 4x4, 6.2) and it was about 1000 miles from me. So it can’t be a volume seller. The dealer initially told me the combination wasn’t even possible, but I knew better because I’d built it online about 100 times before I went in to place the order. So with all that I’m mostly just happy I was able to get it at all. But still I agree totally that more flexibility would be great for all, especially GM.

On 4/18/2019 at 6:21 PM, Vpec77 said:

Not sure what your driving now but I would wait for 2020.

I have a 19 an I HATE this new truck.

Would much rather have my 15.

They stripped these things down so much, I spent over 50 for a truck that makes me feel like I ordered wt.

Every day I drive it I want to hook my boat up and back it into a lake.

I hear a lot of options will be coming back after the new year.

Just my .02

NM

Edited by ChevyTodd

I am waiting for 15k off, new interior and for GM to put back all the content that was on the K2’s.

Content? What’s missing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I am waiting for 15k off, new interior and for GM to put back all the content that was on the K2’s.
You think 15k will happen? Just looking in my market and even the 2018s only have $13k off without the lease loyalty offer and that is if you finance with GM financial.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Content? What’s missing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

To name a few, adjustable seat belts, chrome trim around gauges, adjustable brake pedal, turn signal in mirrors, sunglass holder, lighted vanity mirror. Options not available, panoramic sunroof, adaptive cruise control and switch in bed to operate bed lights. The competition has em, why not GM? Also cheaper grades of plastic in the interior then the K2’s.

10 minutes ago, sdkraemer said:

You think 15k will happen? Just looking in my market and even the 2018s only have $13k off without the lease loyalty offer and that is if you finance with GM financial.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

If they want to move the metal with these cheapened trucks,they’ll have to.

The only way $15k could happen is if they took out the advanced fuel management in the engine that yields great gas mileage, made Android Auto / Car Play optional, and used steel rims.

And there would be no way in hell I would buy it if that happened.

• Like 1