LONG TUBE HEADERS AND Y PIPE

13 hours ago, CamGTP said:

It's gonna be loud as hell lol.

Prepare for loads of terrible sounding rasp and drone. Or just wear ear plugs.

I love it, a V8 engine must scream like a psycho in a cage ?

And deleting all the cats I can obtain more power, a bit fuel economy, some miles and so on.

10 hours ago, CamGTP said:

At this power level, the cats to no cats won't be something you really notice in power. Unless your butt dyno can pick up the minimal change, if any.

What do you mean for "this power level" ?

My truck with a supercharger ?

Do you think that it's not necessary to install long tube headers and delete the cats if I install a supercharger ?

The change in power is really so little ?

Sorry for all my questions but I'm very interested about because I have to import all the parts to Italy and 33% of taxes on the parts and on the cost of transport (****ing thiefs) will kill me.

I just made 460whp/475wtq with a tvs1900 supercharger and the stock exhaust manifolds and Y pipe with cats. I did gut out the 3rd cat though. I'm happy enough with the numbers for now that I probably won't do long tube headers until next year at the earliest.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just made 460whp/475wtq with a tvs1900 supercharger and the stock exhaust manifolds and Y pipe with cats. I did gut out the 3rd cat though. I'm happy enough with the numbers for now that I probably won't do long tube headers until next year at the earliest.  

5.3 or 6.2? I’m gonna guess you have the 6.2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impressive numbers than. I have a 2008 Trailblazer SS with LS2 6.0 w Magnuson TVS1900. Headers w cats. Borla dual exhaust. I haven’t been to the dyno since the Maggie install but my tuner said I should be 500hp or more at rear tires. My daily is a 2016 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab. Has the 5.3 and have been considering doing the tvs1900 on this truck as well. Hearing about your numbers makes me more enthusiastic. Will I have to replace or change anything besides what come with the kit? Any extra incurred fees to make the Maggie work on this motor?

6 hours ago, mikedeezxxx said:

Impressive numbers than. I have a 2008 Trailblazer SS with LS2 6.0 w Magnuson TVS1900. Headers w cats. Borla dual exhaust. I haven’t been to the dyno since the Maggie install but my tuner said I should be 500hp or more at rear tires. My daily is a 2016 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab. Has the 5.3 and have been considering doing the tvs1900 on this truck as well. Hearing about your numbers makes me more enthusiastic. Will I have to replace or change anything besides what come with the kit? Any extra incurred fees to make the Maggie work on this motor?

I litterally put the kit on my truck the way it came out of the box and got a dyno tune. It's all in the tune. The guy I use specializes in LS and LT motors, that's basically all he works on. I even used the stock air box and not the cold air intake that came with the SLP kit. Not sure if I would have made more with the CAI or not. 

I would definitely get the blower for your daily driver. 

And get a proper dyno tune for the trailblazer, will make a huge difference. 

• Thanks 1

I litterally put the kit on my truck the way it came out of the box and got a dyno tune. It's all in the tune. The guy I use specializes in LS and LT motors, that's basically all he works on. I even used the stock air box and not the cold air intake that came with the SLP kit. Not sure if I would have made more with the CAI or not. 

Ok. Thanks. Found your build thread and started reading through it. Nice truck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, qwank said:

What do you think about stock air box modifications ?

5 hours ago, RN12CT said:

What do you think about stock air box modifications ?

I think it definitely helps and is just as good as a cold air intake.   

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, qwank said:

I think it definitely helps and is just as good as a cold air intake.   

I think the same, and afthermarket open air intakes must have a box, if not they just suck hot air of the engine bay.

I would like to make a modify like the one on the video below, what's your oponion ?

Edited by RN12CT

• 4 weeks later...

I cutted my away the muffler, my first idea was to add a piece of pipe instead of the muffler and keep the resonator.
But now I'm thinking to let the exhaust like in the photo below, adding just a curve pipe, the sound is great.
My question is if I loose performance doing in this way, I see that all people keep the long exhaust pipe (pipe not headers) also if they delete everything: muffler, resonator, cats...

20190512_153419.jpg

20190513_193018.jpg

20190513_193009.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 11:08 AM, RN12CT said:

I cutted my away the muffler, my first idea was to add a piece of pipe instead of the muffler and keep the resonator.
But now I'm thinking to let the exhaust like in the photo below, adding just a curve pipe, the sound is great.
My question is if I loose performance doing in this way, I see that all people keep the long exhaust pipe (pipe not headers) also if they delete everything: muffler, resonator, cats...

20190512_153419.jpg

20190513_193018.jpg

20190513_193009.jpg

You should at least extend it behind the cab to avoid breathing exhaust fumes.