2014 vs 2015 body parts swap what’s compatible

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 (SRW) Duramax Crew 4x4 WT model 6 1/2’ bed. I sideswiped an embankment and damaged the driver side starting with the headlight assembly (which is toast) all the way back to the rear bumper.  Luckily as far as the eye is concerned it’s not really all that bad and it’s all on the lower panels  and quite livable. But have to do headlight and they want $650 for that puppy!!!

In an attempt to save money I am very curious because next to it I also own a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 regular cab 2 door, WT model 8’ cargo bed.  It’s already beat up and it’s just a secondhand truck I have for doing things and would gladly swap parts and not care about how that truck looks!

Did they do a model swap in 2015 and have two different 2015 versions cuz always been curious  for sometime now that whenever I look up parts they always say 2014-2018 OR 2015-2019???  Why the overlapping years? Would think it would be 2014-2018 and 2019-???

Anyway can anyone tell me if the following body parts can be swapped or if there is a website that cross references such things? Looking at it with the “eye” they look identical and would be a perfect fit but know how things like that go... I can supply both vin numbers if that helps.

1) Windshield

2) Front driver fender

3) Headlight assembly

4) Rear bumper

Not worried about the trim as in chrome or black. 3500 has chrome rear step bumper and 1500 black step but would actually prefer the black anyway!

Hard one to decide is the headlight assembly as once again 3500 chrome and 1500 black but other than that are they identical as far as fitment is concerned?

Thanks!

Edited by Plumber101010

The fenders might be the same.

I do know the headlight/grill assembly from a 1500 up to 2500/3500 is not the same.

Don't you miss the days when all was the same? I do.

Forgot to mention my thoughts on the windshield.

My guess would be that you could have them swapped. The doors are the same, meaning they follow the same A-pillar, and width is the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So far I have a new door because mine was dented pretty good and I have a new fender all the same color and already painted!!!!  I’m 99% sure the rear bumpers will work as well and I’ll get to have black like I always wanted :)

May be able to fix my truck up and have it looking pretty good and pocket the insurance money :)  Still have the rear door to deal with and the bottom of the bed but it’s all coming along!!!!

Just out of curiosity, how hard is it to replace a fender.... 

Edited by Plumber101010

So far I have a new door because mine was dented pretty good and I have a new fender all the same color and already painted!!!!  I’m 99% sure the rear bumpers will work as well and I’ll get to have black like I always wanted [emoji4]

May be able to fix my truck up and have it looking pretty good and pocket the insurance money [emoji4]  Still have the rear door to deal with and the bottom of the bed but it’s all coming along!!!!

Just out of curiosity, how hard is it to replace a fender.... 
If my memory serves me correct a 2500/3500 bumper wont fit a 1500 so I'm assuming a 1500 bumper won't fit a 2500/3500

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If my memory serves me correct a 2500/3500 bumper wont fit a 1500 so I'm assuming a 1500 bumper won't fit a 2500/3500

The bumper fits it's just the part of the top step that fills the. Gap inbetween the bumper and tailgate is a bit tall and causes the tail gate to bind when opening and closing. I have one on my 14. Thinking of using a heat gun to that plastic fill peice down some.

The bumper fits it's just the part of the top step that fills the. Gap inbetween the bumper and tailgate is a bit tall and causes the tail gate to bind when opening and closing. I have one on my 14. Thinking of using a heat gun to that plastic fill peice down some.
Using that logic a 1500 rear bumper oughta bolt right up to a 3500 with no problem

So I was somewhat right lol. So would putting a 1500 top plastic piece fix that issue?

Using that logic a 1500 rear bumper oughta bolt right up to a 3500 with no problem

Since we are talking just the bumper yes. The two mounting brackets connecting to the frame would stay on the truck the bumper is being mounted to. So just reuse the old brakets.no big deal.

I have noticed that the corner steps are different on 1500s vs 2500/3500. But I don't think that the metal is any different.

No sir doesn't seem so.i like the look better honestly. It fills in the corner gaps of the bedsides

Ok so little confused lol. Never having removed or installed a rear bumper are you all saying it comes in 2 different pieces versus one complete unit?

And when you say the tailgate will bind unless you use a 1500 top, isn’t that what I’m using? I mean wouldn’t a 1500 top come with the 1500 bumper?

And what issues would I have when I try to take the 3500 bumper and put it on the 1500?

Thanks I’m learning a lot :)

Edited by Plumber101010