Elite Engineering Catch Can

For the price tag, it should have been more plug and play and not "hey go online and find some janky instructions" and not just a length of fuel line.

The hose barbs on the engine side are not the same as the fittings for the can. As such, for the price, should have had appropriate fittings or molded hoses to accommodate the barbs. If you try and force the hose on the barbs, you'll quite likely break them.

It's a poorly developed product for the price it is sold at, and I expected better. They were unhelpful and will now have to deal with Amex on the issue. End of story.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

For the price tag, it should have been more plug and play and not "hey go online and find some janky instructions" and not just a length of fuel line.

The hose barbs on the engine side are not the same as the fittings for the can. As such, for the price, should have had appropriate fittings or molded hoses to accommodate the barbs. If you try and force the hose on the barbs, you'll quite likely break them.

It's a poorly developed product for the price it is sold at, and I expected better. They were unhelpful and will now have to deal with Amex on the issue. End of story.

How come nobody seems to have your problems. I have a suggestion, never work on your own vehicle and definitely never install something. Just take it to someone else, and I mean anyone else because anyone could have installed it with no problems.
  • Like 1

I really don't know why you're crying to me. For the price, it should be a better kit, bottom line.

I don't care if others stressed their plastic fittings, I'm not going to. Those fittings are designed for the 0 resistance clip fittings that the factory uses on the PCV line, not for that fuel hose. For $200 the lines should be molded to the proper diameter or they should use factory-esque fittings.

It's a fancy aluminum can. You have zero advantage over a cheaper unit. You get chintzy squeeze clamps (screw clamps are better) and have to cut your own lines even when you have to specify every parameter of the vehicle to them to buy one. It's utter crap for the increased cost.

If you like dealing with it, have a party. I do not. Not when there's cheaper solutions that are equally frustrating.

6 hours ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Your photo literally showed nothing about exit side location.

Nice try pal.

He posted the actual instructions (which also came with the can you ordered) and it says on the 5.3 the dirty side exits “further back on the driver side” than the 6.2. That would be the side, not upfront by the throttle body.  Do you know how to read?  I suspect not because if you did you wouldn’t have had any issues with the install

as I said in my 1st post. You’ll be hard pressed to find anybody with an EE can to share your sentiment. It’s playing out just as I predicted. 

I love how you’re basically admitting to committing fraud also. You and everyone else in here knows damn well you’re gonna end up using that can even after you get your money back, claimed it’s crap and you received crap service etc. You could have simply returned everything, explained you MAY (I highly doubt it) have received the wrong parts and had them make it right. Instead you had to be a customer service reps worst nightmare and call and start bitching at them for something that was more than likely an issue on your end or installer error. 

Its clear as day youre trolling dude. Be gone already

• Like 2

• txab locked this topic