Leveling Airbags install will void warranty?

Like the Title says, Leveling Airbags install will void warranty? 

My 2019 RST is swagging to much when mi RV is connected to the hitch, that's why I'm thinking on get airbags installed, the ones I want are the no drill kit (bolt on).

any advise? 

Edited by redhotRST
adding info

For the most part, no. Could be some obscure issue you might have that they would blame on the air bags. Like a vibration from the rear or some such problem. If they bolt on you could remove them to test any issues.

I'm sure that some dealer, some where, would be happy for void your warranty for that. You just need to avoid that dealer. Seen some crazy BS with dealers, I wouldn't be surprised by anything. Could probably find one that would claim your engine broke down because of it. 

Technically the only way an aftermarket part voids a warranty, is if it can be proven that the aftermarket part being added, physically was responsible for causing damage.

That doesn't mean a dealer wouldn’t give you grief over it. If it were me and they were bolt on, I’d just take them off if something were to need to be warranted. 

This info came straight from the dealer I go to.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cmillerjr said:

Technically the only way an aftermarket part voids a warranty, is if it can be proven that the aftermarket part being added, physically was responsible for causing damage.

That doesn't mean a dealer wouldn’t give you grief over it. If it were me and they were bolt on, I’d just take them off if something were to need to be warranted. 

This info came straight from the dealer I go to.   

that's exactly my plan!! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-04-26 at 8:06 AM, bshort said:

I have a set sitting in my Amazon cart.  Towing the travel trailer later today for the first time, so we'll see if I need them. 

How did the tow go without airbags?  Just bought a ‘19 High Country with the max trailering package (bumps it up to 11,500 or 12,200 tow rating can’t confirm, GM shows both numbers).  

Picking up our new 30’ bumper pull on Monday.  Thinking I’ll need airbags, but we’ll see.  Trailer is only 6900 dry / 9000lbs wet.

if you picked some up can you provide any details?

14 hours ago, Meltdowndan said:

How did the tow go without airbags?  Just bought a ‘19 High Country with the max trailering package (bumps it up to 11,500 or 12,200 tow rating can’t confirm, GM shows both numbers).  

Picking up our new 30’ bumper pull on Monday.  Thinking I’ll need airbags, but we’ll see.  Trailer is only 6900 dry / 9000lbs wet.

if you picked some up can you provide any details?

Towed fine without them. I actually thought the ride was a bit better than the 2500 I had before. Recovered better on the big bounces of a rough road. I had probably about 350  pounds in the bed and the trailers tongue weight is 800. WDH got me to a level stance. 

• Like 1