Which exterior color to order???

Okay guys - I am close to ordering an RST Z71 with buckets, Bose, fog lights, dual exhaust, and 18” wheels. I will install a black tool box, black amp steps and black brush guard.

I like the Silver Ice Metallic and the Satin Steel Metallic. My wife and I looked at all of the exterior colors today. I plan to order the “light interior” and not black.

I have been driving a 2011 Silver Z71 since new so a change would be nice but dang that Ice is pretty and sure stays clean.

Edited by Snuff

Any of the metallic colors will look very different in varying lights. The silver ice might take on a light blue color in certain light.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. Just take a look at them in bright light, at dusk, and a cloudy day. One color might stand out above the other.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Snuff said:

Okay guys - I am close to ordering an RST Z71 with buckets, Bose, fog lights, dual exhaust, and 18” wheels. I will install a black tool box, black amp steps and black brush guard.

I like the Silver Ice Metallic and the Satin Steel Metallic. My wife and I looked at all of the exterior colors today. I plan to order the “light interior” and not black.

I have been driving a 2011 Silver Z71 since new so a change would be nice but dang that Ice is pretty and sure stays clean.

Both are beautiful colors. Either way you decide, I'm sure you'll be happy. Me personally, I'd get the Silver Ice but If you can't come to

a firm decision, you can go with the one that's cheaper? ?

Another vote for Satin Steel!

I've had mine for a month. I think it morphs a lot more in different light vs. the Silver Ice. The Silver was a little too light for my tastes. The SS will look very light in direct sun, but has a great deeper silver in the shade. 

I think it also goes perfectly with the new aluminum 20" wheels. But you're getting the polished 18"s, so the Silver might look better with those. 

Look at one in each color in person. That's really the only way you're going to really know which you like. I loved the SS in person, even though it was on a chromed-out LTZ. So I ordered it. All the sales guys at my dealer were drooling over it when it arrived, since not very many SS's have been made. Mine was only 1 of 3 within 500 miles here in TX. 

Here's some pics of mine in the sun and the shade... (shade pic I just took at work. Sorry for the bad quality... it was through my dirty office window.)

IMG_2803.jpeg

IMG_3023.jpeg

Edited by econometrics
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

I went into the dealer looking for any color but silver, black and white. Saw that satin steel and said to myself that is nice, ended up taking it home. Like others have said and I agree, the satin steel has a lot of depth and shows the body lines really well with changing light. 

• Like 1

I have had a few colors over the years. Had black once a long time ago. Looks nice but never again. Too hard to keep clean. Had a couple whites, a blue and am on my second silver truck. I love silver as it is the easiest to keep clean. But when I saw the new satin steel i got excited. I ordered an at4 in that color. It is the only color of Chev that I like and the RST in that color is the only chev I would buy. ( for this model run I prefer the GMC front end) . They look awesome in that color! Just my opinion of course ha ha. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 3:25 PM, Cpl_Punishment said:

Satin steel looks nicer to me in pictures but it's $495 (in Canada, anyway).

Onyx black is the only colour that is not an upcharge from GM Canada. 

Most are $495, Cayenne Red Tintcoat is $595, White Frost Tricoat is $1095

I had a sheer silver 2010 Silverado. It was super easy to keep clean . I went with a 19 satin steel. Really like the color. The dark blue was my second choice (had a 2000 indigo blue). Glad I went this route.

482abc2334c4b890a0ab0c624da1b0d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro