GM's Mary Barra Was Paid $21,870,000 in 2018 - Did She Earn It?

Gorehamj

Do I think she's worth that kind of money? I do not. However, I believe in letting the free market play out, and if they believe she has earned that kind of compensation, so be it. 

Gee, I wonder how many people here go to a ball stadium and watch their favorite ball player? If they were paid solely on performance people like Barry Bonds, Matt Kenseth, Gregg Biffle etc would’ve been employed a few more years. When the GM stock prices start tanking she’s gone doesn’t matter how smart she is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I edited out the last line as I have no opinion I care to share on her performance. But I do agree with the first line IF the bold highlights are observed. Part of doing good business, IMHO, if fair and equitable treatment of those you employ.  

"Love your neighbor as yourself'. 

It's not just a great idea, it's a requirement for a God fearing human.

I’m a believer big time. I don’t equate money with faith. I give as instructed by laws of the big man. I’m daily thankful that being perfect isn’t a requirement, that was taking care of 2019 years ago. Do I think the son of man and his original followers got paid? Big time. I’m forever thankful my path is simple in comparison.[emoji106]

• Like 1

Seriously?  She closed more AMERICAN GM plants, and moved manufacturing to freaking Mexico!!  Taking care of her homies, and F'n the Good Ol' USA!!   I say Fire her azz!!

I will NOT buy a Silverado unless it is made in America.   (Like my HD 2500 Duramax). 

Does ANYONE really earn or deserve 21 million dollars?

Now you know why new trucks are pushing the 100K envelope....

But some of the members here have to fight to get a $100 part covered under warranty.

Go figure.

19 hours ago, Paintor said:

GM’s bread an butter money makers are...extended cab trucks from Mehico.

Makes no money for Americans...minus the CEO.

My truck was made in Indiana it's a 2016 Double Cab, not sure where the T1 trucks are being made but, I know the K2's were mostly double cabs in Indy and Crew Cabs in Mexico... My wife's 2018 Equinox was made in Mexico... Does it bother me? A little but, not like it would if they made 'em in Europe or China, at least Mexico is our neighbor... I guess my point is lot's of GM employees are overpaid including their CEO... No offense but, assembly work is not a 77k a year job, I have a four year business degree and I don't even make that much, most skilled trades people don't make that much and while all work is honorable complaining about Chevy sending car manufacturing to Mexico without laying some blame on the UAW for pricing their workers out of the market is missing a lot of the story... Don't get me wrong I'm not saying its $20k a year work either but, they've priced themselves out of the market to some extent...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, diyer2 said:

Overpaid UAW workers?

How many of you are over paid?

None would be my guess.

CEO

Cash Eating Organism

:)

Take a look at the work that assemblers are doing, then look at what skilled trades people are making.... I'm sorry but, assembly work, while very honorable and important work is not on the same level as skilled trades... Auto workers shouldn't be expecting to be paid like someone who went to school, learned a trade and completed an apprenticeship and in many cases need to keep up a license and take continuing education... They're certainly not as severely overpaid as the CEO but, they've priced themselves out of the market to some regard, no doubt their unions are partially to blade...We needed unions before the advent of labor laws but, now to a great extent they're biggest role is to justify their own existence...

• Like 3

My truck was made in Indiana it's a 2016 Double Cab, not sure where the T1 trucks are being made but, I know the K2's were mostly double cabs in Indy and Crew Cabs in Mexico... My wife's 2018 Equinox was made in Mexico... Does it bother me? A little but, not like it would if they made 'em in Europe or China, at least Mexico is our neighbor... I guess my point is lot's of GM employees are overpaid including their CEO... No offense but, assembly work is not a 77k a year job, I have a four year business degree and I don't even make that much, most skilled trades people don't make that much and while all work is honorable complaining about Chevy sending car manufacturing to Mexico without laying some blame on the UAW for pricing their workers out of the market is missing a lot of the story... Don't get me wrong I'm not saying its $20k a year work either but, they've priced themselves out of the market to some extent...

I was in a family business most of my working life. We paid our selfs the middle class average with bonuses tide to sales. We never got over our heads and our business could weather storms.

Sorry to bust yer bubble lmcrazy, but GM shut down US parts manufacturing due to.....incomprehensible overhead to pay past retirees of the Baby Boomer Generation.

Your vehicles parts are machined by slant eyes in Asia.

Also partly because we don’t have the oil to make them ourselves and are tricking the Chinese to use THEIR OIL to make our parts. Win-Win.

Get off your pedestal. If it wasn’t for the military slaughtering nations with oil to keep it all going...You’d be riding a bicycle. We’re bout to git us some Venezuelans and Iranians to keep your wife happy and driving.