water leak on my 2019 RST (less than a month old)

i just noticed a water leak on my new truck, i just got to the dealer service department to make a service appointment. While talking to the service advisor i ask him about whats going to happen with the headliner that has obvious damage due to water, he said they going to clean it and that they will not replace it with a new one. I wonder how soak my seats got before i noticed the issue. 

there's any one that had this issue before that can give me guidance during this process that I already hate?

thanks everyone!!!!

water leak.jpg

headliner damage.jpg

If you look into the large posting about rear window leak (abt 22 pages) it says that anything built before 10/18/18 is affected by the issue.  They went to a different supplier of the back window then due to issues with the previous suppliers windows.  Check that thread out, lots of info on what to do and what dealers are doing.   Good luck in resolving this with your dealer.

Edited by Smoothie
Correct date
  • Thanks 1

i just noticed a water leak on my new truck, i just got to the dealer service department to make a service appointment. While talking to the service advisor i ask him about whats going to happen with the headliner that has obvious damage due to water, he said they going to clean it and that they will not replace it with a new one. I wonder how soak my seats got before i noticed the issue. 

there's any one that had this issue before that can give me guidance during this process that I already hate?

thanks everyone!!!!
5cbf4777946ad_waterleak.jpg.220dc0c425e3582f41595c788c06d216.jpg
5cbf4777c4703_headlinerdamage.jpg.76faee27fe4760e5b30d286b321e2104.jpg
Check out the water leak thread on the main page for 19 trucks. I had similar water stains and they replaced my headliner but it requires the front window to be removed so pick your poison. If it only leaked once then I would let them try to shampoo first before gutting your truck.

There is a bulletin for this repair in the big window leak post. I would print it out and bring it with you to review with service advisor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

i'm not sure but i think they trying to avoid a upward trend in water leaks claims.

yesterday i went to my local chevy dealer (were I bought my truck) to make the appointment to address the water leak and this is what i got;

requested services;

• Inspect and Test for Oil Leaks "reallyyyyy"
  • 99 points perform free vehicle health report "WTF"

immediately I review & edit it to say "Water Leak found on the rear glass with obvious damage to headliner and/or carpets.

my advise to others with the same issue.

• be alert of everything they put on paper
  • don't sign anything unless you are sure and you agree.
  • don't trust word of mouth, get everything documented.

water leak.jpg

Edited by redhotRST

Trucks from the problem build dates should simply have those windows replaced, period, end of story.

They know they're defective. Instead, they are following that ridiculous TSB and attempting to seal an F'ed up window. Most of us end up going back two and three times. They removed and re-set my original window...leaked...re-sealed...leaked...replaced...fixed.

Replace the window from the get go and you're good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I am brand new to this forum and sadly this is my 1st post. Well, add another 3 week old brand new 19 Silverado Crew Cab to the list. Im beyond pissed off about this. The truck cost $52,600 and I haven't even made a 1st payment. 

My leaks may just take the cake and beat everyone who has posted so far.. not that this is a competition but sadly mine is seriously bad. So my build date is 9/18 in Fort Wayne. It has rained about 2 if the 3 weeks I have owned the truck and hell it has been a wet winter here overall. When I bought the truck I immediately noticed the passenger seatbelt and airbag sensors was not working. I made an appointment to get looked at but didn't really worry too much about it.  I actually missed my appointment last week due.to business but then also started to notice a bad smell building. Over about 5 days it started to smell like a gym locker. So, I really started to investigate. It was raining then as well. Water was coming in from both sides of the back glass but especially the driver side. My carpets are completely covered bu the Z71 mats but upon lifting them the entire back carpet a the way to the backs of the front seats was wet and stunk and was even starting to grow mold in spots. I also then noticed the wet headliner and the multiple water rings stains from prolonged leaking. It gets worse. There was also a water ring and a wet headliner around the passenger pillar and the carpet under the passenger side was soaked and stunk real bad and was growing mold. It gets worse. Upon further examination all the metal in the dash on the passenger side underneath and inside is rusted like a 10 year old flood truck. The wiring harness is soaked, the fuse box is soaked, water in the fuses, and mold is growing in there as well. This is a 3 week old truck with less than 1000 miles. I discovered all this Friday night late. Service was closed until this morning. You can bet your ass it was there 1st thing with an extremely pissed off customer. I already opened a case with GM Saturday morning and got a call this evening from someone with GM. This most likely will be a buyback. I'm probably the worst customer to have this happen to cause I'm extremely picky and OCD about my stuff. They will either put me in a new truck or practically rebuilt the entire interior of my truck before I will be okay with this. They have me in a 19 Crew Custom right now about 8 grand cheaper than mine and it sucks. I will not let GM or my dealer screw me around on this one.

20190505_152719.jpg

Edited by JosephWS2019
  • Sad 1

I know the feeling. Mine looked like yours except without the mold smell.

23 days later I got my truck back. Sealed window, replaced headliner and shampooed carpets.

That picture with the rust, where is that? I can't picture where that is.

Remember it's not the dealers fault this happened so be super nice.

It is unlikely they will buy your truck back unless they can't fix it. Your best leverage is to get past 30 days to qualify for lemon law.

And first things first, don't let them replace the headliner until you are sure they got they leak issues sealed up or the rear window replaced.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk