Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

May Incentives / Memorial Day Sales


Recommended Posts

By the way, this all happened back in the end of September.  Neither the Chevy dealer nor the GMC dealer was willing to budge $100 on the price of their trucks.  I got the RAM for $48k.  A savings of $12k over the GM products.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m also wondering if GM will finally get more aggressive with the 2019s in May.    With so many 2018s still on lots around here in DFW, I’m just not sure they will.    But man, I

They can try to, but I don't think it'll last long. Then again they really messed up the Camaro with the 6th gen. It's an amazing car but the pricing and packages are so poorly thought out that they'r

I hope so, I picked up a Colorado this week for my business, IMO over priced for what they are, but it was that or another Ram 1500. Figure would give the Colorado a shot and see how it holds up, a 15

Posted Images

Local RAM dealer here has many 2019 RAM 1500 trucks up to 18K off

GM cannot and will not give that much discount. They are resting too much on the laurels of repeat/ loyal buyers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Any truck today is Overpriced for what they are.

But yes, in most cases you can purchase a full size for the same or less than a Colorado or Tacoma.

Some ZR2's are hitting the 50K mark.

I am cross shopping with the Gladiator (mainly due to smaller dimensions) and the Silverado is going to be considerably less.  I am wanting the 2019 Crew RST 4x4 with bucket seats and diesel.  If the add on is only $2450 and I am already finding the 5.3 version for 36k with rebates (trim/conquest/finance) then I am hoping there is a legit chance to get one under 40k.  To get the Gladiator Sport S (mid-trim level) with auto, hardtop, 4.10 max tow, upgraded stereo, bedliner is going to run me $43k with a hefty discount (6% under invoice).  I am not an avid off-roader and could really careless about the top coming off, so it's a no brainer to go with the Silverado.  The draw to the Gladiator is it has the largest backseat of all the mid-size trucks and the rear seat folds flat (semi-flat floor),  and up like the full size trucks.  It also has rear air vents and is narrow and short enough to get into the garage without having to shuffle stuff around.  I drive a Tahoe and Tundra.  I find myself always driving the Tahoe because the Tundra is a PITA parking around the Dallas metro-plex.  

Edited by lrtexasman
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lrtexasman said:

I am cross shopping with the Gladiator (mainly due to smaller dimensions) and the Silverado is going to be considerably less.  I am wanting the 2019 Crew RST 4x4 with bucket seats and diesel.  If the add on is only $2450 and I am already finding the 5.3 version for 36k with rebates (trim/conquest/finance) then I am hoping there is a legit chance to get one under 40k.  To get the Gladiator Sport S (mid-trim level) with auto, hardtop, 4.10 max tow, upgraded stereo, bedliner is going to run me $43k with a hefty discount (6% under invoice).  I am not an avid off-roader and could really careless about the top coming off, so it's a no brainer to go with the Silverado.  The draw to the Gladiator is it has the largest backseat of all the mid-size trucks and the rear seat folds flat (semi-flat floor),  and up like the full size trucks.  It also has rear air vents and is narrow and short enough to get into the garage without having to shuffle stuff around.  I drive a Tahoe and Tundra.  I find myself always driving the Tahoe because the Tundra is a PITA parking around the Dallas metro-plex.  

Wouldn't it make more sense to cross shop a Gladiator against a Colorado? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wiggums said:

The people buying RAM trucks are customers GM would not want. I hope GM doesn't go that low for them.

GM Conquest rebates are really high right now, look at the marketting and commericals, I know GM is all in on grabbing anyone and everyone. Most of those numbers listed 13%-20% off MSRP include some sort of 1998 or newer different mfg in the household. You don't get any special treatment with having the brand in house already. Certain leases carry additional rebates, but once again being free and clear and repeate buyer will did not pay off in my case this month.

 

As a current all Chevy household (my business excluded) ,which I have been for a long time also, my rebates were less having all chevy in house vs having atleast one other mfg in the house.

 

The point GM appears to be making is similar to Marriott hotels, they say they won't dump prices and rebates like Ram doing just to move product. GM might have the base and think they can move what they have and maintain profits. Marriott will not just slash prices on their rooms to sell out, they have a pretty set price with partner discounts but they wont do fire sales to move rooms.

 

Ram clearly played a number game Q1 with the old models, and moving them into the dealer network, then building in rebates on top of those dealer network trucks, its not sustainable by any means. But they also are betting on the quality of their 19' model to gain momentum and get traction in a pretty close market.

 

I also try to watch monthy for rebates and the sort I watched for 5 months for my personal buy, and made out very well in April. 19% off MSRP I was happy with that.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

21 minutes ago, Timd32 said:

Ram clearly played a number game Q1 with the old models, and moving them into the dealer network, then building in rebates on top of those dealer network trucks, its not sustainable by any means. But they also are betting on the quality of their 19' model to gain momentum and get traction in a pretty close market.

It wasn't just a numbers game, Ram's sales made headlines because all the media outlets based sales performance on March 2019 vs March 2018. Ram looked they had massive sales gains because a year ago their sales numbers were below average a year ago. Those little outliers make great clickbait headlines though. But you're right, Ram 1500 Classic sales are definitely helping Ram's numbers. Ram has gotten a lot more aggressive on incentives for the new body style since late 2018. I've seen plenty of ads for 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn's with up to $15k off. They're definitely going hard at GM.

s2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Local RAM dealer here has many 2019 RAM 1500 trucks up to 18K off

GM cannot and will not give that much discount. They are resting too much on the laurels of repeat/ loyal buyers.

They can try to, but I don't think it'll last long. Then again they really messed up the Camaro with the 6th gen. It's an amazing car but the pricing and packages are so poorly thought out that they're struggling to compete with the Challenger (let alone the Mustang) in sales. They made the pricing structure so steep, that to get an SS with the nice interior so expensive that there's no way it can compete with a Mustang that lets you make a GT the way you want it and still get it for less money. Now we see it again with the T1's. If GM wanted to move a lot of trucks, they would up the incentives a little bit and ease off on their pricing for some of the packages. They bundle WAY too many features into a very expensive package. Make the LT Trailboss a $40k truck and watch them fly off the lot. Right now they're $45-50k with incentives. That's not going to work in this competitive market. Not when Ford is offering cheaper trucks with 10-speeds standard and turbocharged engines that make the truck pretty quick. Ram has an even softer ride and an arguably nicer interior, plus reclining rear seats. Aside from the quality issues and underwhelming payload ratings, the Ram has the right price and the characteristics that metro truck owners will gravitate towards.

Edited by HondaHawkGT
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to cross shop a Gladiator against a Colorado? 

Class wise yes, but the Colorado rear seat does not have enough leg room nor does the seat fold up for a flat floor.  I upland and waterfowl bird hunt, so I keep my dog in his box inside the cab of the truck due to weather and to keep him from being stolen when I stop for a quick bite or something.  The other midsize trucks will not allow me to put the box on the floor.  The Ridgeline would but the rear door doesn't open very far, only tows 5k, requires lots of maintenance, and the truck lacks the ground clearance to get where I need to go.  

Rear leg room on the Gladiator is 38.3" the GM twins are 35.8 and Taco is 32.6.  On the one pic I'd could take out the plastic box for flatish floor or leave in and use as shotgun case.   

 

 

resize.jpg

Edited by lrtexasman
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Aside from the quality issues and underwhelming payload ratings, the Ram has the right price and the characteristics that metro truck owners will gravitate towards.

I was shocked when I was shopping around and checking out the new Ram.  Their payload was significantly lower for comparable trims.  I’ve also never been a big Ram fan.  They just don’t do anything for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maize & Blue said:

I was shocked when I was shopping around and checking out the new Ram.  Their payload was significantly lower for comparable trims.  I’ve also never been a big Ram fan.  They just don’t do anything for me.

The last gen was even worse. There were some configurations with less than 1,000 lb payload capacity. With the 2019's, if you want the really nice interior that's winning comparison tests, you're going to be pretty light on payload capacity. That's okay if you use it like a big car, but it's dangerous if the person that buys it tows a heavy trailer and expects to haul his family on top of it. A lot of guys ordered a 2019 Ram expecting the 1800+lb payload rating and found out later that their truck only had 1400 lbs. Some had less than 1300.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lrtexasman said:

Class wise yes, but the Colorado rear seat does not have enough leg room nor does the seat fold up for a flat floor.  I upland and waterfowl bird hunt, so I keep my dog in his box inside the cab of the truck due to weather and to keep him from being stolen when I stop for a quick bite or something.  The other midsize trucks will not allow me to put the box on the floor.  The Ridgeline would but the rear door doesn't open very far, only tows 5k, requires lots of maintenance, and the truck lacks the ground clearance to get where I need to go.  

Rear leg room on the Gladiator is 38.3" the GM twins are 35.8 and Taco is 32.6.  On the one pic I'd could take out the plastic box for flatish floor or leave in and use as shotgun case.   

 

 

resize.jpg

The Tacomas we have at work have ridiculously small interiors. Even if I'm just driving to a contractor's office by myself, I'd rather take a Sierra.

I've never been in a Colorado but they don't look like they have any more space than my compact sedan. My cousin bought one for himself as a work truck a couple years back because he wanted diesel but I bet he never uses the back seat and he has a one ton if he needs more space (or more truck).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve seen plenty of 2019’s in the Pittsburgh area. I’m in a number of different vehicles do to traveling for work. I’d never buy another RAM. I had an 04’ I liked it but I couldn’t stop it from rusting out. 

 

I honestly am pleased with my truck, and I’m coming from a 15’ High Country HD. I get nothing but compliments everywhere I go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think Chevy's  plan of maximize profit is a successful long term strategy. Sooner or later people will start to leave the brand and become loyal to a different brand if the price/benefits are not comparable. The goal of taking an upfront loss is to gain new and loyal customer base (erode Chevy's base). Taking a hit up front on deeper discounts to get your foot in the door is a time tested and well proven sales strategy. 

 

I'm not a Dodge fan at all and I viewed and test drove a RAM. If I didnt have quality concerns there would be zero obstacles for buying a RAM. If Ram can get quality issues resolved then Chevy wont have enough truck sales to worry about profit margins. 

Edited by Chris walker
Link to post
Share on other sites

A local store is willing to do $11,000 off LTZ Crew Cabs, $13,500 off RST Crew Cabs and $14,500 off LT Crew Cabs. They're only doing $7,500 off on the High Country and $9,500 off on LT Trail Bosses. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
A local store is willing to do $11,000 off LTZ Crew Cabs, $13,500 off RST Crew Cabs and $14,500 off LT Crew Cabs. They're only doing $7,500 off on the High Country and $9,500 off on LT Trail Bosses. 
Where is this?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.