Radio Disappearing Favorites

Set all my favorites yesterday, like 15 of them. Today they are gone on the top of the infotainment screen, but they are still saved when I use the buttons on the back of the steering wheel. I only have one profile set.

Anyone else have this happen? Restarted truck and they are still missing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mine does it about every 2 months. GM replaced radio, didnt help.

Its an electrical fault they cant find. The clock keeps the time...radio loses what you saved.

Notta thing you can do about it, except trade for a Dodge.

Does it make you mad the clock keeps the time but the radio forgets? So mad you wanna take a hammer to it? Join the club.

Edited by Paintor
  • Like 2

Trying to recreate my steps, I believe I started my truck, and plugged in my phone to Android auto while the Chevy logo was still loading on touch screen. Maybe that caused some sort of glitch in the software and it reset?

Considering my truck was in the shop 23 days for a rear window leak, this is small potatoes but somewhat annoying nonetheless.

If this happens to anyone else, try to document your steps of things you did during start-up. Maybe we can isolate a common step that is causing it.

Yeah, I wonder if plugging in your phone before the system fully loads has something to do with it. That's very plausible, IMO. 

I've always waited for it to load before I even mess with it. Oddly, sometimes it loads really quickly, sometimes it takes about 30 seconds and goes through the "Driver 1 detected" screen. It is a schizophrenic little thing. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2019 at 6:57 AM, ShamrockShooter said:

Trying to recreate my steps, I believe I started my truck, and plugged in my phone to Android auto while the Chevy logo was still loading on touch screen. Maybe that caused some sort of glitch in the software and it reset?

Considering my truck was in the shop 23 days for a rear window leak, this is small potatoes but somewhat annoying nonetheless.

If this happens to anyone else, try to document your steps of things you did during start-up. Maybe we can isolate a common step that is causing it.

This just happened to me.  Still have the 1st page of presets but the rest are invisible but still accessible via steering wheel button.  I noticed one of my XM presets on p3 changed name.  The DIC still reports 'freebird" but the big screen says DMB radio for channel 30.  Wonder if the system cant handle the name change

Edited by zzrsouth

This just happened to me.  Still have the 1st page of presets but the rest are invisible but still accessible via steering wheel button.  I noticed one of my XM presets on p3 changed name.  The DIC still reports 'freebird" but the big screen says DMB radio for channel 30.  Wonder if the system cant handle the name change
Well SXM does change their lineup around. I just heard an add about a new Dave Matthews station on channel 30. Sorry Lynard. Mine has not done it again yet....

I am having problems with my presets also. I can access them on the touch screen but when I use the steering wheel controls it shows up on the dashboard and the icon moves to the new station on the radio but the station doesnt change and the highlight goes back to the station still playing. I am only using XM at this point so I dont know if it's also a problem on AM/FM. It used to work perfectly both ways.

On 4/24/2019 at 11:47 PM, Paintor said:

Mine does it about every 2 months. GM replaced radio, didnt help.

Its an electrical fault they cant find. The clock keeps the time...radio loses what you saved.

Notta thing you can do about it, except trade for a Dodge.

Does it make you mad the clock keeps the time but the radio forgets? So mad you wanna take a hammer to it? Join the club.

I use my phone for everything, GPS, I heart, Pandora. As long as Bluetooth works I’m good. I haven’t used the radio for years. I have an iPod as backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk