Looking at a new 2018 LT Z71

Looking at buying a new 2018 LT Z71 5.3.  Local dealerships have these marked down around $13,000.  

Are there any major issues with this year?  I've read about some shuddering but haven't read enough to pin it to a certain year, transmission, 2WD/4WD, etc.

Do all the 5.3 Z71's come with either 6 speed transmission or 8 speed transmission?  What about axle ratio, all 3.42?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

I bought my 2018 Z71 CCSB Texas Edition (full console, heated cloth seats) last Memorial weekend for 14.7k off. LOVE my truck!! 5.3l, 6 speed, 3.42 gears

I think its mainly the 8 speeds that have issues. 

They had it listed at 14.5k off, I was only able to talk them down another $200. Even walked at first! But I havent seen them since even close to what I paid.  I think it was 36,430 total, plus tax

No major issues on my 18.  Drive it at highway speed to check on shuttering, and it’s mainly the 8spd that has the issue. To be honest, I think the problems get blown out of proportion for the hundreds of thousands of these trucks they sell. 

• Like 2

So I guess $13,500 off MSRP is not a good deal considering we are 5 months into the next calendar year?  What would be a good price?

Also, where could I get a private offer or additional cash off?  Few years back after doing the build your own on the Chevy website, a coupon popped up for $1,000 off.  Haven't seen anything like that this time.  

4 hours ago, Domano 68 said:

Looking at buying a new 2018 LT Z71 5.3.  Local dealerships have these marked down around $13,000.  

Are there any major issues with this year?  I've read about some shuddering but haven't read enough to pin it to a certain year, transmission, 2WD/4WD, etc.

Do all the 5.3 Z71's come with either 6 speed transmission or 8 speed transmission?  What about axle ratio, all 3.42?

Thanks in advance!

I bought the exact truck you are talking about.  My only issue was tires that were horribly out of balance.  Take it out and drive it 60+ MPH and make sure thre's no shake/vibration.  If there is, bulldog them until they get it fixed.  Ultimately, for me, it took the replacement of 3 tires and 5 road force balance sessions to get it resolved.

Other than that, I love the truck.  Also, mine is 6 speed 3.42

Edited by Darmichar

56 minutes ago, Domano 68 said:

So I guess $13,500 off MSRP is not a good deal considering we are 5 months into the next calendar year?  What would be a good price?

Also, where could I get a private offer or additional cash off?  Few years back after doing the build your own on the Chevy website, a coupon popped up for $1,000 off.  Haven't seen anything like that this time.  

You probably won't do any better. It is a good deal.There is no additional discounts on these any more as far as I know. There is not many 2018's left so if you want it you should grab it before someone else does. I'm actually surprised that there are any left anywhere after the big discounts. The 2018's have the bugs worked out of them. They are solid. I own two of them. 

1 hour ago, Domano 68 said:

$13,500.00 is a good amount of a discount, this will probably be the last big push of incentives for the 18's.

After thses go away, there will be no more.

The only way to find out if there is more money to be saved, is to make an offer, either they take it or let you walk.

I picked up a new 2018 LTZ Z71 a month ago for 14K off of MSRP.  What closed the deal for me was when I was finding used 2017's with around 25K on them for the same price I paid.  I finally got back into a truck after totaling my 04 6 years ago and can't believe I waited so long!  Love the truck.

IMG_1366.jpeg

57575668694__95868148-DB48-4932-A7CA-550D9408BEBA.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jwhjr said:

I picked up a new 2018 LTZ Z71 a month ago for 14K off of MSRP.  What closed the deal for me was when I was finding used 2017's with around 25K on them for the same price I paid.  I finally got back into a truck after totaling my 04 6 years ago and can't believe I waited so long!  Love the truck.

IMG_1366.jpeg

57575668694__95868148-DB48-4932-A7CA-550D9408BEBA.jpg

Nice truck. I bought both of my 2018's at Miller Chev too . I'm in Rogers, are you also?

FWIW, the 8 speed is a good trans if you’re lucky to get one without any issues. I lucked out and got a good one as far as I can tell after 11k miles. Downside is less aftermarket support. Can’t even get a cold air intake for it.

Had I known this, I would’ve gotten a Z71 with the 6 speed. But, that 8 speed always finds the powerband.