Looking at a new 2018 LT Z71

42 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Nice truck. I bought both of my 2018's at Miller Chev too . I'm in Rogers, are you also?

I'm not in Rogers, just happened to find the best deal there at the time I was looking.  It's actually about an hour from where I live.

7 minutes ago, jwhjr said:

I'm not in Rogers, just happened to find the best deal there at the time I was looking.  It's actually about an hour from where I live.

I got killer deals on my trucks there too. They were the best deals by far.

On 4/27/2019 at 9:13 AM, DirtyAndy said:

FWIW, the 8 speed is a good trans if you’re lucky to get one without any issues. I lucked out and got a good one as far as I can tell after 11k miles. Downside is less aftermarket support. Can’t even get a cold air intake for it.

What are you talking about?  There are a bunch of CAI's available, unless you have eAssist.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 2:26 AM, jwhjr said:

I picked up a new 2018 LTZ Z71 a month ago for 14K off of MSRP.  What closed the deal for me was when I was finding used 2017's with around 25K on them for the same price I paid.  I finally got back into a truck after totaling my 04 6 years ago and can't believe I waited so long!  Love the truck.

IMG_1366.jpeg

57575668694__95868148-DB48-4932-A7CA-550D9408BEBA.jpg

Nice truck and tire/rim combo...I sold my factory eagle LS2s and recently put on Cooper ATs on my 2018

5cc4d0eab2715_trucktireandwheel.thumb.jpg.8378cc17a615c5d45cb38fa7a70b6f50.jpg

Edited by outrag1
  • Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:50 AM, Domano 68 said:

Looking at buying a new 2018 LT Z71 5.3.  Local dealerships have these marked down around $13,000.  

Are there any major issues with this year?  I've read about some shuddering but haven't read enough to pin it to a certain year, transmission, 2WD/4WD, etc.

Do all the 5.3 Z71's come with either 6 speed transmission or 8 speed transmission?  What about axle ratio, all 3.42?

Thanks in advance!

My guess is 2018 must be limited by now.  I got my leftover 18 late last December for 25% off MSRP.  It's a loaded LTZ and I'm happy with it.  I was also happy with my 16.  Both trucks had the 6 speed and 3:42 rear.

Edited by outrag1

2018 LTZ 5.3 -- a bit over 11000 totally trouble-free miles since September.    

Keep in mind when you browse the forums that 99% of people with problems complain out loud, and only 1% of happy customers yell it out loud.  You will find a disproportionate amount of "problem chatter" on any forum, so take it with a grain of salt.    Every manufacturer makes a lemon from time to time. 

If you find one you like with the packages you want, buy it! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Domano 68 said:

What is the e-assist engine?  I notice there is an option for e-assist engine and active fuel management engine.  What are the differences?

Think VERY mild hybrid. 

Grab the 2018 while you can with that great looking body style.  The 19’s are just NOT good looking IMO.

4W

Edited by 4weight

15 hours ago, hammong said:

2018 LTZ 5.3 -- a bit over 11000 totally trouble-free miles since September.    

Keep in mind when you browse the forums that 99% of people with problems complain out loud, and only 1% of happy customers yell it out loud.  You will find a disproportionate amount of "problem chatter" on any forum, so take it with a grain of salt.    Every manufacturer makes a lemon from time to time. 

If you find one you like with the packages you want, buy it! 

Solid take right here. 

On 4/26/2019 at 5:50 AM, Domano 68 said:

Looking at buying a new 2018 LT Z71 5.3.  Local dealerships have these marked down around $13,000.  

Are there any major issues with this year?  I've read about some shuddering but haven't read enough to pin it to a certain year, transmission, 2WD/4WD, etc.

Do all the 5.3 Z71's come with either 6 speed transmission or 8 speed transmission?  What about axle ratio, all 3.42?

Thanks in advance!

Loved my '15 LTZ Z71 5.3L, and I love my '18 LTZ Z71 ME 6.2L 4x4, no problems noted.

Picked up an 18 Oceanic Blue Metalic LT Z71 crew cab at a great deal.  Enjoying it so far very much.  This truck is amazing!  Thanks for all the input here!

One quick question, does this truck have a 110V outlet?  If so, where is it located?  I noticed this on the build sheet.  I do not have the bench seating as I know they put 2 under the radio with that seat configuration.  I guess the dealership forgot to tell me about that. 

If you can get $13,000 US dollars off a new GM truck, take the deal and run. You wont see that for another 5 years or the company is facing bankruptcy. They were giving these trucks away after the bailout in 2010 and I barely got $13,500 Canadian dollars (like 8k USD) off and that was with trading in a junk truck under "cash for clunkers". If they are giving you 13K USD off, that is insane to me. If they were giving me $17,500 CAD off, I would literally run in there right now. You can only get $9,000CAD off an Elevation edition 2018 in Canada right now. They wont give you much off a 2018 AT or Denali this late in the year, $6,000CAD at best.

4 hours ago, Domano 68 said:

Picked up an 18 Oceanic Blue Metalic LT Z71 crew cab at a great deal.  Enjoying it so far very much.  This truck is amazing!  Thanks for all the input here!

One quick question, does this truck have a 110V outlet?  If so, where is it located?  I noticed this on the build sheet.  I do not have the bench seating as I know they put 2 under the radio with that seat configuration.  I guess the dealership forgot to tell me about that. 

Congratulations.

If you have bucket seats, it will be in the front of the console under your "toggle switches". There will be a USB,  2 "cigarette lighters", and the 110 volt under the covers. 4 covers total.

Edited by JimCost2014