I have a 2007 Tahoe 2wd, 5.3L. The transmission gets hot, 190-200 degrees F, only when in overdrive. If I shift down to 3rd, the temp will start to decrease. Has anybody had this problem before or know of any solutions? Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rawfootage420
      Hopefully I didn't miss this being posted already, if so, I'm sorry.

I have a 2004 Tahoe, 2WD, 4.8L, 4L60E.
      Transmission went out, I have a 1999 Silverado 5.3L, 4L60E 4x4 with transfer case.

The only thing I noticed different besides having the transfer case and extra plugs on the 99 harness for said transfer case, is the neutral safety switch on the 99 4x4 trans has a 2 plug harness vs my 2004 Tahoe trans with a single harness plug.

Am I able to use this 4x4 trans in my 2WD Tahoe? I'm assuming I could swap the safety switch, and leave the front driveshaft off? Also finding a rear driveshaft off of a 4x4 Tahoe since mine and the donor truck's driveshaft would be too long, I'd assume?

I've been told I could and I've been told I couldn't. I've swapped transmissions before, but never done anything like this, so I'd just like some insight if someone could help me on this topic I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
    • By YEGbluesilverado
      So driving the family to supper today in my 16 crew cab 5.3 nice hot 21*C day had the AC on and after driving thru some stop and go traffic for 20 min and getting to the restaurant I backed into a slightly up hill stall and pull forward to straighten out and back in again and we feel a slight shudder vibration.  I checked the trans temp it was 88C and sat in park with the slight shudder and checked my transmission fluid it was slightly below the hot section but i was slightly rear end high.  Came out to leave hour and a half later and could just barely still feel a slight shudder and it didn't get change with a rev of the engine.  I drove it the 12km home and it felt normal no shudder at stop lights after we left.  Im up to 106,000km and plan to get the transmission fluid changed and filter as I bought it with 72,000kms last april and am unsure now if the dealer did the transmission filter and fluid.  Any ideas?
    • By 5JB
      Anyone have a check engine light show up then go away and come back? Code uo129 lost communication with brake control module, UO101 lost communication with transmission Control Module. Went to bed with no check engine light, woke up in the morning for work and noticed the truck would not remote start. When I go in to head to work noticed check engine light. After work ran codes. Shortly after getting codes and using google to research check engine light was gone. Went for a drive never came back on. Woke up this morning it was on again. Can anybody relate?
    • By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      4-25-2019
      Back in December, GM-Trucks.com member Jammin87SS posted a note here about a class-action suit related to GM 8-speed automatic transmissions. This transmission was used widely by GM, including in the Sierra, Silverado, Colorado, and Canyon pickup trucks. Owners have been complaining of shuddering and hesitation. Owner of a Silverado, Ed T., wrote a typical description for CarComplaints. He says, "Ever since I bought this truck new there has always been a shifting problem. This problem occurs whenever I slow down to a fairly low speed and then accelerate. When I accelerate there is a hesitation for a second or 2. This is very annoying and could potentially be dangerous. I have contacted my dealer and he just says "that's the way they shift, no fix"??? Dealer also stated that the transmissions have a learning chip and shifts the way a person normally drives - that's total BS. I have had my truck for over 2 years and it still shifts poorly. Besides the above I love my truck very much, GM just has to fix this problem..."

GM knows there is a problem. It has issued both notices to its dealer's technicians and also TSBs. However, it has yet to find a solution that works.

There is a class action suit that you can learn more about here. Our questions for our members are; 1) Have you experienced any issues with your 8-speed, and 2) was the dealer able to fix it? Let us know in the comments below.  

• By Itz_TheCmd918
      Hello all, so this weekend i took my 2000 Silverado out camping and on my 3rd day out i went to start the truck and warm it up and drove it around the campsite and everything worked fine, parked the truck and then grabbed the family and loaded up, went to shift from park to drive and the lever just fell loose, wont go into any gear from the shifter but if i get under the truck i can shift into all gears fine, then once in drive i can shift from drive to neutral reverse and park just fine but wont go to any gear from park, cable was replaced last year. No clue where to start but everything under the truck is connected and in working order. 
      2000 extended cab short bed
      5.3l 4l60e.
      2wd