I've been doing quite the yard renovation over the last year that we've been here.  I want to get a lawn striper for my 42" Husqvarna riding mower, but I don't want to pay that ridiculous price.  I was looking at the checkmate one from bigleaguelawns and want to make a clone for a fraction of the cost. Does anyone have one and are they worth it?  There's tons of youtube videos, but none really say if they're a waste of money or not.

483c6d3f72f9f298ff9973973d7d6013.jpg

This is what I want to attempt. Use some channel strut and some rib rollers from a boat trailer. These damn wheels are expensive though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strut is super free if you have any electrican friends, its thrown out daily at every job site.

Then I would do some measurements on RC car wheels? 

Looks like a great idea. Might have to try this one out.

5cc7c3a032ba4_Screenshot_20190429-233750_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.50514ded72028c7413769de5257ecc30.jpg

• Like 1

The striper relies on weight. RC car wheels will be too light and I always stripped out the plastic hexes on them anyways. Lol. Plastic isn’t strong at all. Solid rubber will be the way to go. I want to make mine 35-36” and it should weight almost 30-40lbs to properly fold the grass over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk