Permanently turning off parking assist?

2015 LTZ

I’m tired of having to turn off the parking assist every time I restart the truck. Is there a way to turn it off and keep it off?

I do excavation for a living so I’m always driving through fields of dirt and grass. The sensor is driving me insane going off constantly if it’s on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It can be shut off in the vehicle personalization menus.  

Park Assist
If equipped, this feature can assist in backing up and parking the vehicle. See Assistance Systems for
Parking or Backing on page 9-57.
Select Off, On, or On with Towbar.

That actually didn't work it's the same thing as hitting the button on the dash. Every time I restart the vehicle they come back on. I'm willing to unplug them or cut the wiring if it doesn't set some sort of check engine light

4 hours ago, dozerboy said:

That actually didn't work it's the same thing as hitting the button on the dash. Every time I restart the vehicle they come back on. I'm willing to unplug them or cut the wiring if it doesn't set some sort of check engine light

That's interesting.  I'd never tried it on 'off', but have used the 'with towbar' option.

Selection seems to stay in 'with towbar' if it is selected. (which doesn't help with your usage, but that's why I suggested using the menu))

Just tried turning mine 'off'' and it also turned itself back on after a restart. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2019 at 3:13 PM, dozerboy said:

I forgot to order them with my truck so if you decide to take them off, sell them to me :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have gotten so used to turning it off along with turning off the daytime running lights when I start the pickup it has now become ingrained.  I can understand the frustration though.  GM piles all sorts of stuff on vehicles nowadays that can be a real PITA.  Think of the poor folks who have those vehicles from GM that do the shut down / start up every time they stop and they do not have an override switch.  That would cause me to drive the vehicle right thru the dealership main showroom.  I could say it triggered a PTS event in me since I am a veteran..  (I purposely left off the "D" from PTS since it is not a disorder).

Edited by Cowpie
Spelling