GM Signals That Higher Average Transaction Prices Are Here To Stay

Gorehamj

I have had 2 Chevy's and 2 GMC's. This 2015 may well be my last. I buy used as I love cashing in on depreciation, and my health has reduced my income significantly. Not interested in Ford or FCA, (you can call it Ram all you want, we all know what it is). Might try a Tundra or Titan. Who Knows?

With the new electric parking brake you can now murder someone and leave absolutely no forensics to get convicted.

Make sure you use a one way diode in that schematic to keep the GM brain from knowing the rear brakes were set off at highway speed.

I’ll never buy another GM since they adopted electric brakes. Which is what they want. Days of oil are over. Corporate controlled vehicles to drive people around with limited National Resources is what GM’s future is.

Our future is not looking very good. Don’t fund it.

To piggyback on what @econometrics said...this is all a part of the bigger picture of the "Auto Loan Bubble" that is hot and ready to pop anytime now. Just like college tuition prices that keep increasing rapidly, auto prices are doing the same. The reason? Very easy to obtain credit and lending. When the federal government began subsidizing basically all student loan debt years ago, college tuition prices soared because they know that anyone can get a tuition loan from the Fed. and hence, anyone can "afford" college. The same happened with the subprime mortgage crisis that burst in '08. We see it now happening in the auto industry. Cheap credit lines with 120 month loan terms means everyone can "afford" an $80k truck. It will not end well and a lot of folks will end up demanding the government once again step in to "fix" a crisis they, in part, helped create.

https://mises.org/library/auto-loan-bubble-ready-pop

Edited by NCPGMC
  • Like 1

GM lost its rear after 9-11 when GMAC started financing illegals for Auto Loans with only 2 utility bills showing an Address.

Who bailed them out?

Who’s GM financing to right now?

You will bail them out again....whether you buy a new GM or not.