Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

So I got a call today from Gm. They received my letter notifying them they have 20 days to make a repair. When talking to the agent I explained to them that dealership refused to make repair as per gm. In the letter I provided the repair order # and bulletin stating this. The agent insisted I bring in the truck anyway today and that the dealership must notify them of the refusal. Funny thing is I already gave them the refusal which is in the repair order. The agent didnt want to hear it and went on to say once they receive the refusal from the dealership they will send me a delayed repair notice. Dealership called them in front of me today and left a message. Looks like I’ll be going through the bbb once this next attempt is refused, again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

So I got a call today from Gm. They received my letter notifying them they have 20 days to make a repair. When talking to the agent I explained to them that dealership refused to make repair as per gm. In the letter I provided the repair order # and bulletin stating this. The agent insisted I bring in the truck anyway today and that the dealership must notify them of the refusal. Funny thing is I already gave them the refusal which is in the repair order. The agent didnt want to hear it and went on to say once they receive the refusal from the dealership they will send me a delayed repair notice. Dealership called them in front of me today and left a message. Looks like I’ll be going through the bbb once this next attempt is refused, again.

I have been speaking with a Sr Adviser at  GM/Chevy for a few weeks now. We submitted my request for buyback last week and I will hear their initial response tomorrow. Tomorrow will also be 4 straight weeks that the dealership has had my truck. Was also informed last week that there is a "ding" on my quarter panel now. The adviser said that if my request gets denied the first time we can re-submit a request any time something new happens. So if it declined, I plan on re-submitted with the new info of my truck being damaged in their possession. 

20 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

They are stalling because they have no revised parts to fix them yet. They are doing the same thing with me. They must have a ton of BBB cases pending. They offered me an extended warranty that I refused.

2 hours ago, ILSilverado said:

They are stalling because they have no revised parts to fix them yet. They are doing the same thing with me. They must have a ton of BBB cases pending. They offered me an extended warranty that I refused.

Mine is a lease so offering an extended warrant won't mean anything.

Just got off the phone with gm. They said there is no fix so nothing is wrong and they will not repurchase. I said there is something wrong, that’s why there’s a bulletin on it. They said it doesn’t make a difference. They said they’ll fix it when they have one. I said doesn’t that contradict the statement you just made on how there’s nothing wrong? She said it’s not a safety issue. To which I replied it’s a non conformity and impairs the value of the truck. She kept talking over me and said contact the bbb if you want. Wowwww what a rude individual she was.

7 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

Just got off the phone with gm. They said there is no fix so nothing is wrong and they will not repurchase. I said there is something wrong, that’s why there’s a bulletin on it. They said it doesn’t make a difference. They said they’ll fix it when they have one. I said doesn’t that contradict the statement you just made on how there’s nothing wrong? She said it’s not a safety issue. To which I replied it’s a non conformity and impairs the value of the truck. She kept talking over me and said contact the bbb if you want. Wowwww what a rude individual she was.

when did you first file your buyback claim?

Honestly I think we will eventually have to sue them. My neighbor is a Lawyer that works for car Dealers of all things and he said the Krohn and Moss Law firm is the one to go with. He called them a well oiled lemon law machine.

https://www.yourlemonlawrights.com/illinois-lemon-law?KCTrkrIdId=ILBETA1&gclid=CjwKCAjw3azoBRAXEiwA-_64OlvB9MTij2QgyPik7X1jUZTnLb0Yn8E67TnDeDSwQlLUl_g1mi1VGxoCI20QAvD_BwE

Edited by ILSilverado

I had the same issues with my 2016 with the chevy shake problem.  70mph the truck would shake like crazy. the center console would shake enough to spill a coffee everywhere. My truck was at the dealer multiple times for a few weeks at a clip.  Tons of people had this problem and even the 19 LDs still did it. GM told me that since it is not a safety concern that lemon law/ buyback does not apply.  I talked to a few close friends who work at dealers and they said the same thing. Is it worth it to spend $$$$ on a lawyer? Mine was a lease so I just gave it back at the end and said good riddance. 

The manufacturer is required to pay for the attorney fees. A good attorney will review your case and only take it if they think they have a good chance at winning so they get paid. Those of you that have this issue have a great case. Ask for the engineering data that proves that this 10 lb of axle bouncing about an inch will not destroy the bearing and or diff housing. It was not designed to do this. 

2 minutes ago, Chevy sad said:

The manufacturer is required to pay for the attorney fees. A good attorney will review your case and only take it if they think they have a good chance at winning so they get paid. Those of you that have this issue have a great case. Ask for the engineering data that proves that this 10 lb of axle bouncing about an inch will not destroy the bearing and or diff housing. It was not designed to do this. 

Until it becomes a safety concern I don't think it will be as easy as you think.