Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

I never said easy. The only recourse is a good attorney. GM will not spend thousands of dollars on these trucks without a fight. GM has clearly taken a calculated risk that these units will hold up through the warranty period. 

There’s a bulletin on it so warranty period does not apply. As long as it’s diagnosed. You also have to look into your states lemon law. I already have 25 days of my truck being out of service and at each Drop off a repair was made. In my state I only need to be out for 30 days. Once the repairs are actually made for this jingle I’m sure I will be passed 30 days and the ball will be in my court. No matter what any manufacturer is going to fight. My biggest thing to do is to make sure that every repair order is properly documented because that is the key to winning your case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ct_corey said:

Until it becomes a safety concern I don't think it will be as easy as you think. 

Many states including mine have a simple non compliant not performing as designed clause that would make no difference if it was a safety issue or not.

2 hours ago, Chevy sad said:

What choice do you have? GM refuses to fix it. So,  .......

Let me tell you a little story, In 2000 I had an S10 Blazer blow 2 engines and GM refused to replace the SUV under the lemon law and it qualified. I hired a Lawyer sued GM and a year later GM was instructed by the court to basically  pay me 3 times the MSRP (about $90,000) in damages for the Blazer PLUS all my legal fees. All I asked for was a replacement SUV when it went to BBB arbitration.  THIS is how stupid GM is. What could that Blazer have really cost GM to make $15K maybe? When I got through with them that little Blazer cost them about $150,000 once they got finished paying me and my lawyers and court costs. So if they don't replace this Silverado you know where i'm headed once again!

Edited by ILSilverado

Personally, I think GM boxed themselves in. They were repairing them because it was defective and now nothing. It’s going to be hard to say nothing is wrong and don’t need repaired at some point. Unless you get some spoon fed arbitrator or judge that never mowed their own lawn, they will see it. It’s a numbers game now. GM sells what 180k in trucks, let’s say 1% is effected. That’s 1800 jingles, maybe 5% of those go thru the hassle. So they make 90 people whole by upgrading them to a new unit vs spending 2-3k on 1800 trucks. Hire an attorney, you will get a new truck

Edited by Chevy sad

16 hours ago, Chevy sad said:

I never said easy. The only recourse is a good attorney. GM will not spend thousands of dollars on these trucks without a fight. GM has clearly taken a calculated risk that these units will hold up through the warranty period. 

Interesting how you humped to the conclusion thay GM almost made a concerted effort to havev to have the supplier, AAM, intentionally run such sloppy tolerances that they would have to calculate the risk of a lawsuit for a component that would show signs of an issue at such low mileage that even the short-lived B2B warranty would cover it at some point.

YES!! thank you so much!!!   Your past  post have made my day... not sure if it will lead to repair but I now know what is causing that Noise it was driving me crazy!.   This is exactly what is happening to mine since day one..  Now if they can figure out what causes the dash rattle life will be perfect!!

"So I crawled under there today and I think I found the source of the noise.

The drivers side CV shaft has a lot of play where it plugs into the front diff. I’m guessing I can move it in and out about 1/8 inch or more.  When I do this quickly I can here the bell/jingle metal on metal sound.  The passenger side CV is tight with really zero play or movement. 

I guess when the CV driveshaft is engaged in auto 4wd or 4wd the slop is somehow tightened up by the torque transfer, I dunno. 

Anybody care to check theirs? 

Show them this video. I think it’s the sound.  If you listen closely beyond the louder click sound you can hear the metal ringing like a bell. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/8GuHi5t

Edited May 12 by Limelight"   

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 10:59 AM, The Tos said:

Anyone have any updates with this fix? I haven't seen anything yet.

I just got a call today from the GM business resource center after they got my certified letter for the final BBB inspection and she said they have no fix yet so the inspection is null and I should continue on with the BBB for the repurchase.

Edited by ILSilverado

32 minutes ago, ILSilverado said:

I just got a call today from the GM business resource center after they got my certified letter for the final BBB inspection and she said they have no fix yet so the inspection is null and I should continue on with the BBB for the repurchase.

I am going through the same with my engine noise issue.  Unless you cant drive the truck or its a safety issue not much is going to happen with BBB.  

22 minutes ago, ILSilverado said:

I tried going through GM for them for the buyback but they said no twice. I am hearing tomorrow or friday what they are offering me to compensate for my truck being down for so long. After that I might consider going through BBB. The squeaking is getting so annoying.